VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone know some simple video editing programs that can crop properly without needing to enter the output video dimensions?
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have that program already. I don't see a crop option anywhere. It is the least user friendly program ever. I need a visual crop where I can crop a video using a graphical border that I can resize on the video itself.
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Kracov View Post
    I have that program already. I don't see a crop option anywhere. It is the least user friendly program ever. I need a visual crop where I can crop a video using a graphical border that I can resize on the video itself.
    Start the program, load your video, click main, click encode videostream, click crop detect, click preview.
    With next you do the next cropdetect 30 seconds later aso.

Your opinion on user-friendliness probably stems from the fact that you haven't looked into it.
    The program handles the individual streams (video, audio, subtitles) separately.
    This is more precise and offers more options than editing all streams together.
    The edited streams can then simply be muxed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. okay I found the crop settings, but there is no boundary/border to select. This appears to require manual editing of the dimension values.
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Kracov View Post
    okay I found the crop settings, but there is no boundary/border to select. This appears to require manual editing of the dimension values.
    The border is set automatically (cropdetect).
    You can see the crop values on left bottom.
    Repeat the cropdetect (next button) until the values remains the same.
    Then you have found the right crop. Click ok and the correct crop values are inserted automatically into the video encode screen.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Uh I don't understand that at all. You think that is user friendly how? And in my post I asked for a video editor where I didn't have to input the dimension values.
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Kracov View Post
    Uh I don't understand that at all. You think that is user friendly how? And in my post I asked for a video editor where I didn't have to input the dimension values.
    There is virtualdub of course but may you could try Avidemux?
    AviDemux latest Nightly builds
    Is has a crop/mask filter you can easily adjust manually.

Avidemux Crop filter:
    [Attachment 80851 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote