VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some 8K video files I want to down rezz to 4K, 1080P and even 480 SD. When downrezzing in Adobe Premiere Pro, does it oversample the video file, making the lower rez's sharper (like when you use Photoshop and reduce rez using the "Sharper" option for the downrezz)? Or does Premiere Pro throw away that extra information, making the downrezzed file softer as a result? I'd like to get the crispiest 1080P and 480SD files possible from the original 8K file, but concerned downrezzing with just throw away all that extra sharpness of the 8K file.

For 1080P to master to a Blu Ray disc (burn as a playable Blu Ray), what bit rate should I aim for that a Blu Ray player would make use of, while maximizing the quality? What about SD and burning to a DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by braxus View Post
    I'd like to get the crispiest 1080P and 480SD files possible from the original 8K file, but concerned downrezzing with just throw away all that extra sharpness of the 8K file
    gotta lose something to get to lower res, keep it 8k AV1 500kbps

Originally Posted by braxus View Post
    what bit rate should I aim for that a Blu Ray player would make use of, while maximizing the quality?
    depends on codec
    avc - 8-13mbps
    mpeg 2 - 15-18 mbps

When downrezzing in Adobe Premiere Pro, does it oversample the video file, making the lower rez's sharper (like when you use Photoshop and reduce rez using the "Sharper" option for the downrezz)? Or does Premiere Pro throw away that extra information, making the downrezzed file softer as a result?
    try it, do a 5-10 second encode and see

What about SD and burning to a DVD?
    wouldn't do it unless it's demanded, 720p should be minimum to deliver.
    make video everyday
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a reason for burning to DVD. Anyway Im aware you lose something when downrezzing, but the point I was trying to make, that at least when doing still pictures, when you downrezz, it gives you the option to make the lower rez image sharper (by the oversampled higher rez image). I dont know if video will do this as an option too?
    Quote Quote