VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi everyone i have got a question i need to ask everyone

i burnt some dvd movies with nero video nero software it is about 12gb it has burnt them as 2 folders audio.ts and video.ts with all the files in each folder
    anyway what i want to do is if i can is can i shrink the folder with a software to 8gb to put onto a dvd disc. i know that you can shrink video files smaller but this is different cos this has been burnt with nero as a dvd folder. can i use a software to shrink it to 8gb and still keep the quality then burn it to disc
    i know that you can do that with video files but can you shrink a dvd folder with the audio,ts and video.ts files in it.
    if anyone knows of any software that will do this method
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD shrink will probably do it but I'd be concerned about the layer break getting messed up.

I'd be redoing it with Nero (only one generation loss) and force it (Nero) to create a proper, compliant, Dual-Layer DVD VIDEO_TS folder or ISO.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    DVD shrink will probably do it but I'd be concerned about the layer break getting messed up.
    The layer break is done by the burning software, not by Dvdshrink.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't use dvdshrink to make it smaller,the results are really bad depending how much you shrink.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote