VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Have screen shot attached.

I just installed the newest MKV toolnix and got the error running Inviska (like MKV cleaver) in Windows 7
    If this is some Windows 10 problem I'll just put back an old version.

Please advise. Apparently some component cannot be found on the new version.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	crash on toolmix.png
Views:	25
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	80470  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MKVToolnix is no longer compatible with Windows 7. There is a modded version thread on this site. You would need to go back quite a few versions to find the last one that works.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    I just installed the newest MKV toolnix and got the error running Inviska (like MKV cleaver) in Windows 7
    The "newest" MKVtoolnix is not compatible with Windows 7 anymore since many moons ago.

But, apparently, the installer still is compatible with Windows 7.....
    the author of MKVtoolnix really is a genius

— OR just incredibly lazy
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks to those who answered.
    Yes I recalled the QTS problem at hearing it when mentioned in previous discussions on it. Thanks for the direct link.
    I have a Win 10 build just not in use at the moment. But I don't remember things from every discussion after so long.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I thought the error persisted after the QTS installed but now loading 'Nix or Inviska seems stable. Must have been a reboot needed or something.

thanks to those who answered.
    Quote Quote