VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello

I wish to edit a few H.264 videos. looking for something like what womble mpegvcr did with MPEG-1/2 - you apply edits and it only reencodes the necessary frames. needless to say this saves time AND quality

Really dont need anything complex, only cuts, joins, and some fades. hopefully something free, but I will pay for a high recommended one

I tried Avidemux. maybe it's me, but i haven't gotten it to do what i want with fades. seems to insist i put x264 options and then encodes the whole video. Also I tried cutting out pieces I want to edit, then rejoining. bad result. video was buggy.

VirtualDub 2.x did not work for me either

Any help? thank u all for reading.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avidemux doesn't have smart rendering Try Clever ffmpeg GUI, can do the rendering,
    not sure about the fades
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi davexnet, thank u for your answer

i have found no fades on clever. too bad, nice tool. Unless I'm not seeing something, if someone knows how to put fades please chime
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Rinka_CA View Post
    hi davexnet, thank u for your answer

i have found no fades on clever. too bad, nice tool. Unless I'm not seeing something, if someone knows how to put fades please chime
    Yes, it's nice program, developed by one of the active forum members here.

Perhaps the free trial of this would work for you:
    https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tmsr6.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Yes, it's nice program, developed by one of the active forum members here.
    Oh cool! i'm still keeping clever around. it has uses for sure.

Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Perhaps the free trial of this would work for you:
    https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tmsr6.html
    lol, in between posts i actually downloaded the trial already, and was coming back to report some feedback when i saw your post

yes, tmpgenc smart renderer is absolutely fantastic, solved my problem and more, always prefer free, but $70 is not bad at all!

still hoping for a freebie tool, but i do think i'm going to register this anyway, it's that good.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, thanks for the feedback, good luck with your project
    Quote Quote  
  7. you're welcome, thank you too

hoping the feedback also helps someone with a similar problem doing a search where I totally recommend TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer for this.

I went ahead and registered it. not free, but the problem is solved for just a small fee.
    Quote Quote