VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I use Selur Hybrid almost exclusively for interlaced SD videos. I use Filtering--Deinterlace and select QTGMC and select the Bob option. This gives me an SD video, progressive, at 59.97fps, which I understand is best as it preserves the odd and even frames from the original interlaced video (although I understand the issue of deinterlacing is hotly debated and may not be necessary in every case if for no other reason than QTGMC does more than just deinterlace and tweaks the image slightly).

Anyway, I recently noticed Selur's guide from 2018 on how to convert to 60fps. He doesn't mention QTGMC and Bob. I assume that is because if you are starting with a progressive video, you obviously can't deinterlace.

I just want to make sure that for interlaced SD video, the QTGMC/Bob is right way to go to get progressive video at 60fps. And that in my use case, I don't need to touch anything in the Filtering--Deinterlace tab.
    Last edited by Darryl In Canada; 4th Jun 2024 at 12:44. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, unless there is a defect in your interlaced(!) content, using a bob deinterlacer is the way to go.
    Yes, the linked thread aims at handling progressive content.
    You can still add some frame interpolation to replace specific frames or aim for a higher frame rate after deinterlacing.

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote