VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey, I bought the Sony camcorder (CCD-TR705E) on ebay to digitise old Video8 tapes.
    I inserted a cassette to test the camcorder. There was also a picture in the viewfinder. However, there are 2 problems:

1. i used this video grabber https://amzn.eu/d/7BxmdY8 to connect the camcorder to my computer. The sound was transmitted but no picture or sometimes only silhouettes with red, blue and green distortions.

2. i have looked through a few cassettes to see if the problem is with the cassettes. But after I inserted a new cassette, no picture was displayed in the viewfinder. Only a few white dots flicker on the screen. However, the cassette spins normally. The sound was also no longer transmitted. Instead, strangely enough, the current signal from the microphone was transmitted to the computer. So I tried the other cassettes again, but unfortunately the problem persists.
    When I want to record something, the current picture is displayed. The problem is only in playback mode.

Can anyone help me with what I can do?
    I will buy another video grabber and test it. But I think the 2nd problem is a problem with the camcorder. What do you think about cleaning the video head?

Many thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by haneu View Post
    Hey, I bought the Sony camcorder (CCD-TR705E) on ebay
    It probably doesn't work right. Just return it.

1. i used this video grabber
    That is an Easycap, aka an Easycrap.

Can anyone help me with what I can do?
    Return it.

I will buy another video grabber
    Buy a quality capture card, not more Chinese USB junk.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote