VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Good afternoon gentlemen.
    I'm trying to use the ''AviSynth AiUpscale v1.2.0'' plugin but I receive a Script error ''script error expected a, or )'' as shown in the attached image.
    I added the ''AiUpscale.avsi'' file to the Plugin+ and Plugin64+ folders in addition to the Shader file and DLL, but the error persists, below is the link to the GitHub page, I followed the instructions but I don't understand why the error occurred, if anyone can help I'll be happy Much obliged

https://github.com/Alexkral/AviSynthAiUpscale
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	error..png
Views:	88
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	74289  

Quote Quote  
  2. You call it with arguments, not definitions.

AiUpscale(last, Factor=4, luma="fast",...)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry for my lack of maturity when putting together the values, I tried to put it together so I could play with them but I know I'm making a mistake

Name:	error,.png
Views:	49
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	74290  

Quote Quote  
  4. You need to set values for CPlace and OutDepth. See the docs for possible values. And note that you don't have to specify all of them. Just the ones that you want to change from the defaults. So try something simple like:

Code:
    AiUpscale(last, Factor=2)
    Note that Factor=2 is the default so you don't even need to specify that one.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You need to set values for CPlace and OutDepth. See the docs for possible values. And note that you don't have to specify all of them. Just the ones that you want to change from the defaults. So try something simple like:

Code:
    AiUpscale(last, Factor=2)
    Note that Factor=2 is the default so you don't even need to specify that one.
    I looked for information about this new error on the forums but I couldn't find any information

Name:	error.png
Views:	39
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	74294  

Quote Quote  
  6. I've never used AiUpscale but that's indicating you're missing some files. AI filters usually require a bunch of support files. It looks like it's expecting a Shader folder (in your plugins64+ folder) with a bunch of sub folders and support (AI model) files. That folder is included in the ZIP file you downloaded for AiUpscale.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I've never used AiUpscale but that's indicating you're missing some files. AI filters usually require a bunch of support files. It looks like it's expecting a Shader folder (in your plugins64+ folder) with a bunch of sub folders and support (AI model) files. That folder is included in the ZIP file you downloaded for AiUpscale.
    You were right friend, the zip file had the ''shades'' folders and I added them to the plugin folder, but a new error appears haha, I'll have to use another Upscale AI tool, Avisynth in this tool seems complicated to me.
    Still, I appreciate your help.

Name:	error.png
Views:	37
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	74295  

Quote Quote  
  8. Try converting your video to RGB32 before calling AiUpscale, ConvertToRGB32()
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Marcio.ciconne View Post
    You were right friend, the zip file had the ''shades'' folders and I added them to the plugin folder, but a new error appears haha, I'll have to use another Upscale AI tool, Avisynth in this tool seems complicated to me.
    Still, I appreciate your help.
    Marcio, did you ever succeed in going forward with making AiUpscale work for you? These Avisynth filters presume you've already been using Avisynth for your video processing needs. Avisynth is very different and not something that one can easily become proficient in overnight.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Try converting your video to RGB32 before calling AiUpscale, ConvertToRGB32()
    Hello Jag. I'm just starting to TRY AiUpscale, and am wondering why you suggested converting to RGB (which is something I've been urged to avoid doing). What was your intended effect of working with RGB in the case of using AiUpscale?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Many of the AI filters require 32 bit float RGB. I see AIUpscale can work with several YUV formats too. Looking more closely at your command lines I see errors in all of them. For example, in post #3 there's a missing comma after CResample("fast") and "fast" isn't a valid vaue, an invalid Mode, Cplace should not be between quotes and should be followed by a valid placement string, and OutDepth should not be preceded by "int", shouldn't be in quotes, and be set to a value. You want something like:

Code:
    AiUpscale(last, Factor=4, luma="fast", chroma="fast", CResample="Spline36", mode="Photo", CPlace="MPEG2", outDepth=8).ConvertToYV12()
    What is your current command line?
    Quote Quote