VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not sure if this is the place for this question but here goes:

I still print on CD's using my Epson Printer. Years and years ago I had a piece of software that contained 100's of templates for CD's. Everything from sunsets, animals, cars, people, and gradients just to name a few. I can't remember the name of the program or where I got it from.

I am using Epson Print CD software and trying to import a picture onto the CD. I will not accept any version of the picture. Not .jpg, .gif, Tiff, none of them. I keep getting an error "Not a Print CD format."

Can anybody that still printed on CD's help with my two questions or tell me what they use to do it with?

Thanks in advance.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i used surething cd labeler or photoshop. have always had canon cd/dvd printers can't help with epsons.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can try Avery Design and Print. I use it and it is free. I downloaded and installed the software. I think you can use it online also.
    IIRC use can use Mcrosoft Word.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Surething.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I still print on CD/DVD/Blu-Ray disks with my Epson XP-8500. The software is available for download.
    https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/EPCD_2.44.exe
    Last edited by mail2tom; 16th Apr 2024 at 20:56.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all the responses.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can Surething print directly onto the CD or DVD? Is there any tutorials out there that show how to do it?

I downloaded the free trial and it seems like it prints on cd labels that stick onto the cd. I may be wrong but I can see how to change it.

Thaks in advance/......
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have a disc printer like my Epson 7100 yes, direct on disc.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I can print directly yo my 7100 printer but can I do it using the Surething software?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rbaron View Post
    Can Surething print directly onto the CD or DVD? Is there any tutorials out there that show how to do it?

I downloaded the free trial and it seems like it prints on cd labels that stick onto the cd. I may be wrong but I can see how to change it.

Thaks in advance/......

I print directly onto white faced printables using a Canon CD printer

Assuming Epsom is the same, you need to choose "direct to tray" when printing and make sure you also set "CD/DVD Printer" under printing options in Surething and NOT "standard Printer" or it will print a CD label

Its years since I used an Epson CD printer as ink was just so damn expensive and they were designing cartridges that were harder and harder to refill plus chipped cartridges I changed to Canon
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a bunch. I'll give it a try and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    The one I am using to print my own productions is: https://www.ronyasoft.com/products/cd-dvd-label-maker/download.html

It has many great features, you can precisely set dimensions of labels for various types of disc surfaces, with exact measurements, design booklets. Every essential data of dimensions are programmed in it. It makes things so easy.
    Quote Quote