VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Having difficulty in moving the playback start point under Audacity.

I place the playback start point by simply left clicking the mouse to set the playback start point. When I try to move the start point a region appears to be selected instead. This is not want I want.

So how do I move this playback start point without (apparently) selecting a region?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As long as you're not holding down the shift key and/or dragging with the mouse,
    it will set the playback start point. Dragging with the mouse assumes you're making a selection

Look through this help topic
    https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/audacity_selection.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the comment.

Yes, left clicking the mouse on (another) part of the audio track will (re)position the playback start point as I have now discovered. I didn't get this earlier on as I was maybe too tired at the time!

I have found that Audacity is not really intuitive for me to use (for some functions). It is a bit of a steep learning process for me using Audacity.

By experimenting with some other audio editors, I've found (so far) that WavePad is more intuitive to use. So I'm presently using WavePad for (most) editing work of audio.
    Quote Quote