VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone, I’m having trouble removing these horizontal lines. I use Selur’s Hybrid, and I haven’t found anything effective against these lines..

Example:
    B1_t00-00.04.05.472-00.04.15.768.mkv

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. You have 2 kind of horizontal lines
    1) interlace scanlines
    2) rolling interference bars

1) you can remove by deinterlacing
    2) avoid the interference. Is this a TV capture?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Don't think there is something in Hybrid that will allow removing those interferences. (aside from
    Maybe DeFreq could be used,...
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. I would divide up the scenes because other camera shots are not affected

The side effect of most "rolling bars"/flicker reduction filters is ghosting and softening of picture because they use some type of frame averaging .

I prefer to use weaker settings to reduce the ghosting, then follow up with some denoiser

This is Flicker Free + MCTD . Unfortunately, Flicker Free is a commercial plugin
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Defreq might work.

You might be able to adapt the work I did for removing moving exposure bars resulting from photographing a CRT with a movie camera:

Bad 1950s Kinescope - Hopeless?

This shows the before/after:

1955 NFL Football Noise Bars Before-After
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you everyone, I will try the defreq and flicker free as mentioned..
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I would divide up the scenes because other camera shots are not affected

The side effect of most "rolling bars"/flicker reduction filters is ghosting and softening of picture because they use some type of frame averaging .

I prefer to use weaker settings to reduce the ghosting, then follow up with some denoiser

This is Flicker Free + MCTD . Unfortunately, Flicker Free is a commercial plugin
    Is Flicker Free + MCTD for Davinci?
    Quote Quote  
  8. MCTD =MCTemporalDenoise is a filter/script for Avisynth/Vapoursynth.
    Flicker Free: https://digitalanarchy.com/demos/psd_win.html#d9 is plugin for different NLEs
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    MCTD =MCTemporalDenoise is a filter/script for Avisynth/Vapoursynth.
    Flicker Free: https://digitalanarchy.com/demos/psd_win.html#d9 is plugin for different NLEs
    Nice, thanks selur!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I would divide up the scenes because other camera shots are not affected

Davinci Resolve’s DeFlicker also works very well, thank you for giving me direction.
    Quote Quote