VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have this sample video clip in which I would like to improve the overall quality of the clip.

In particular, the clip seems to be a bit "washed out" or pale. Can the color content be improved (increase color saturation?)?

Also, can this clip be improved in terms of sharpness and reduction of noise and blurring etc.

I have tentatively tried using Topaz Video AI (I have access to a copy, I don't own this software), but the results were not good.

Haven't tried using AviSynth+ as I really don't know which filters to use (particularly with regard to improving color) and what settings to use also.

Here is the sample video clip

And here is the ffprobe details for this clip -

[Attachment 77559 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. For increasing the saturation in avisynth try
    Code:
    tweak(sat=1.8)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	New File (1)000200.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	77572  

Last edited by Sharc; 10th Mar 2024 at 04:17.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry, but ... (coloring/saturation isn't the issue)
    The best suggestion I see for such a source is: try to get a better source.
    (If you captured this, either your capture process is flawed one way or the other, or your source is really crappy.)
    Low resolution, way too strong compression, nearly no real details. Doesn't seem like it's worth any effort.
    I doubt that, even with Avisynth/Vapoursynth and machine learning stuff combined, you get anything worth the effort from it.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the comments.

Thanks for the "tweak" option in AviSynth+, it does seem to improve the color saturation.

I can't get a better quality clip. This is the only clip version available that I'm aware of.

So, it seems overall clip quality improvement is not really feasible here in this case, unfortunately(?)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by meeshu View Post

So, it seems overall clip quality improvement is not really feasible here in this case, unfortunately(?)
    Yes, the damage is there as Selur pointed out.
    Quote Quote