VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been trying to find the answer to this for a while. I have thousands of mp4's that need to be authored and burned to DVDs. Each mp4 gets its own DVD and they all run in length less than 3 hours. Right now, I author one at a time using PowerDirector, save it as an ISO, and then burn the ISO using the generic Windows burn tool. A painstakingly long process.

Is there any possible way that I can batch author all the mp4's to either ISOs or a burnable DVD folders? Is there any software that can do this? I don't mind if I have to sort the files via duration to set the correct bitrate, but there has to be an easier way to do what I am doing.

NO menus are needed for any of these.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Manulis View Post
    I have been trying to find the answer to this for a while. I have thousands of mp4's that need to be authored and burned to DVDs. Each mp4 gets its own DVD and they all run in length less than 3 hours. Right now, I author one at a time using PowerDirector, save it as an ISO, and then burn the ISO using the generic Windows burn tool. A painstakingly long process.

Is there any possible way that I can batch author all the mp4's to either ISOs or a burnable DVD folders? Is there any software that can do this? I don't mind if I have to sort the files via duration to set the correct bitrate, but there has to be an easier way to do what I am doing.

NO menus are needed for any of these.
    try what is in this thread post #8 - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/331480-Batch-Convert-ISO-DVD-to-MP4
    Quote Quote  
  3. Making DVD from Mp4, .... I have windows batch scripts that make ISO's or DVD's (or even burn it, if DVD is in a tray), using Avisynth (other apps are included: HcEncoder, ImgBurn, muxman, mediainfo cli, BePipe, aften ... but from avi files.

It would need to be modified. Searching for avi strings in bach script and replacing it with mp4 and changing avisynth source plugin.

I do not feel like modifying it, but if you do not mind digging in it, knowing windows batch script, I could post a zip with everything.
    Quote Quote  
  4. That would be great thank you. I'm pretty familiar with batch script so I should be able to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The link is still ok after years: https://files.videohelp.com/u/198160/Dmfs%20Avi%20to%20MP4-DVD.zip ,
    so you look for _AVI_to_DVD.BAT, all references to avi you have to tweak to accommodate as mp4, then make sure you customize your INI and pass it with your filename. How to use it is in the begging of the script. There is a lots of examples for those INI files.

That BAT has 840 lines, don't freak out . It is structured well with lots of functions, so it is readable. Use Notepad++ and set language to Windows Batch Script. Do not use notepad etc., it would not be readable, some color highlights are needed while looking at the code.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Besides all changes, like changing .avi for .mp4 and more stuff. On line 188, there is a first avisynth script line created and it is:
    Code:
    echo AviSource("%aviname_input%")  >> "%temp_adr%.avs"
    that needs to be changed also to load mp4 clip with your source plugin, not AviSource.

I forgot what I was doing with audio, but perhaps you need to load first lines including audio:
    Code:
    echo LSMASHVideoSource("%aviname_input%")  >> "%temp_adr%.avs"
    echo LSMASHAudioSource("%aviname_input%")  >> "%temp_adr%.avs"
    echo AudioDub(v, a)  >> "%temp_adr%.avs"
    where aviname input is your mp4, you have to rename lots of stuff
    Last edited by _Al_; 7th Mar 2024 at 14:33.
    Quote Quote