VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I had an issue with the xbox controller not working with certain games that did support the controller,the issue is that the xbox 360 drivers get installed as well,what i did was go into control pane/device manager and disable the xbox 360 driver,after that the games started working again with the controller as before.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    To get Xbox Series controllers to work with games in Windows 11, simply connect your controller to your PC via USB or using Bluetooth pairing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That doesn't help when windows 11 installs xbox 360 controller drivers which causes some games not to work with xbox series controllers.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Perhaps this is issue related to user rights? Sounds more like this - DirectX provide interface to controllers as such each software should work OK unless there is something else - perhaps this is problem related to game itself - did you verified this with game support ?

https://appuals.com/xbox-controller-not-working-windows-11/
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The issue that certain games get confused with the xbox 360 drivers so it tries using them and ignores the xbox series controllers,i did a search and found a few people with similar problems.
    Quote Quote