VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. For some time now I have no sound in video with Subtitle Edit. I use Subtitle Edit 3.6.13 but I had the same problem with previous versions.
    I have tried to use mpv, Direct Show and VLC and none give me the sound.
    I have checked that the mute button isn't activated, and the sound level is 100%
    I have no problem with sound when watching a movie with VLC outside Subtitle Edit, and I have sound when I use Subtitle Edit online (https://www.nikse.dk/subtitleedit/online).
    I have no idea what I could check to fix this problem.
    Thanks in advance for any tip.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well, I have partially solved the problem by installing K-Lite Codec Pack Full 17.6.0 and switching to MPC-HC as a video player. But there is still no sound with VLC Media Player even after a complete reinstall of VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by pboite View Post
    Well, I have partially solved the problem by installing K-Lite Codec Pack Full 17.6.0 and switching to MPC-HC as a video player. But there is still no sound with VLC Media Player even after a complete reinstall of VLC.
    Excuse me. I'm reopening this thread because I think I have the same problem. For a few days the audio has disappeared on all the videos viewed with my Subtitles Edit. The mute button is disabled and all other software settings are exactly as they were before the breakdown. Do you have any idea how I can solve the problem? A thousand thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by LucaGua81 View Post
    Originally Posted by pboite View Post
    Well, I have partially solved the problem by installing K-Lite Codec Pack Full 17.6.0 and switching to MPC-HC as a video player. But there is still no sound with VLC Media Player even after a complete reinstall of VLC.
    Excuse me. I'm reopening this thread because I think I have the same problem. For a few days the audio has disappeared on all the videos viewed with my Subtitles Edit. The mute button is disabled and all other software settings are exactly as they were before the breakdown. Do you have any idea how I can solve the problem? A thousand thanks
    It is working for me now with Subtitle Edit 4.0.1 and with DirectShow as video reader. I don't know exactly what change has solved the problem, hope it helps you solve yours.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Please give more details on what is on your video setup screen. I have run into the same problem of no audio but only ever usedf the MPV player.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    Please give more details on what is on your video setup screen. I have run into the same problem of no audio but only ever usedf the MPV player.
    As I said, I use DirectShow as video reader. Nothing else to say about my video settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    I have run into the same problem of no audio but only ever usedf the MPV player.
    Have you tried clicking again the "Download mpv lib"-button? Sometimes it helps to update to a latter.
    Note that SE's video preview window also has volume- & mute controls, which seem to work independently from Windows' volume control.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ennio,

Thanks for reply. All is well... just an overlooked error on my part. But if you've followed any of my numerous problems, one fix that davenext gave was to delete the mpv dll in the 'roaming' folder or whatever it is to counter a different issue. With all that, everything is going on my main PC and the backup PC.

Since you are an expert user, to counter any MPV problems, I tried to get VLC working in Subtitle Edit but failed so I could use a good explanation on how to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ennio,

Thanks for reply. All is well... just an overlooked error on my part. But if you've followed any of my numerous problems, one fix that davenext gave was to delete the mpv dll in the 'roaming' folder or whatever it is to counter a different issue. With all that, everything is going on my main PC and the backup PC.

Since you are an expert user, to counter any MPV problems, I tried to get VLC working in Subtitle Edit but failed so I could use a good explanation on how to do that.
    it works for me
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vlc.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	75544  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't remember what issues (years ago) made me switch to mpv. But just to check I downloaded and installed latest vlc; quick testing shows both audio and video working properly in SE (v4.0.2).

...I tried to get VLC working in Subtitle Edit but failed so I could use a good explanation on how to do that.
    I know SE 32bit requires vlc 32bit, SE 64bit requires vlc 64bit. Where it's worth a try to both installing vlc and using the portable version. In the latter case you have to set the path to where you keep the portable.

Example:

[Attachment 75548 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    I can't remember what issues (years ago) made me switch to mpv. But just to check I downloaded and installed latest vlc; quick testing shows both audio and video working properly in SE (v4.0.2).

...I tried to get VLC working in Subtitle Edit but failed so I could use a good explanation on how to do that.
    I know SE 32bit requires vlc 32bit, SE 64bit requires vlc 64bit. Where it's worth a try to both installing vlc and using the portable version. In the latter case you have to set the path to where you keep the portable.

Example:

[Attachment 75548 - Click to enlarge]
    Thanks for the visual. I got VLC going but I'm going to stick with MPV
    Quote Quote