VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Sony kdl 40wd653 and have some programmes recorded via a usb stick but I would like to be able to play them on my laptop. I believe they won't because of the tv's encryption but is there away around this at all?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Read more about another way here
    Progdvb
    Quote Quote  
  3. Never heard of it but thanks, I wonder if it’s safe to download and I wonder if the free version will do what I want it to do!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dilligaf7 View Post
    Never heard of it but thanks, I wonder if it’s safe to download and I wonder if the free version will do what I want it to do!
    TV encryption is very hard to crack. Try recording with a capture device.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    Never heard of it but thanks, I wonder if it’s safe to download and I wonder if the free version will do what I want it to do!
    That can't work because TVs that are capable of recording video only have connections that accept video input. They don't have any connections that output video.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ProgDVB doesn't decrypt recordings. It is definitely safe to download from VideoHelp's software section.

The pro version of ProgDVB is supposed to be able to record from the following sources.
    • Internet TV and radio. (About 8000 channels.)
    • DVB-S (satellite), DVB-S2, DVB-C (cable), DVB-T, DVB-T2, ATSC, ISDB-T (This requires an appropriate TV tuner card for your PC.)
    • IPTV
    • Kartina TV, Rodina TV, OTT Club, Shura TV, Sovok TV.

I can't tell for certain what kinds of limitations the free version has but it may be limited to Internet TV and radio.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    That can't work because TVs that are capable of recording video only have connections that accept video input. They don't have any connections that output video.
    You are right. I got confused with recording from a satellite receiver that has AV out connectors.
    I remember deleting all my recordings on my Sony TV few years back. It had a built in satellite receiver and I had the same problem that you have now. Bought VU+ receiver which is enigma 2 and doesn't encrypt the channels recordings.

Well if these recordings are really important to you and nothing else works, you could setup to record by playing to the TV, using a good quality camera or your mobile and a tripod.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I looked at the manual for KDL-40WD653 (Sony UK) and in the specifications it says

Input/Output jacks
    Antenna (aerial)/cable
    75 ohm external terminal for VHF/UHF
    Satellite antenna*1
    Female F-Type Connector, 75 ohm. DiSEqC 1.0,
    LNB 13 V/18 V & 22 kHz tone,
    Single Cable Distribution EN50494.

AV
    21-pin SCART connector (CENELEC standard)
    including audio/video input, RGB input and TV
    audio/video output

Your TV model might not have a SCART connector, but please check if it has and try to see if you can watch your recordings on a device that has AV input like a small TV.

The SCART connector makes recording to a VCR/DVD recorder possible.
    Quote Quote