VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone!

Would anyone happen to know how, or if it's possible, to extract closed captions (ARIB STD B24/B37) from a .ts File?

---

Edit: Solution found! :)
    Last edited by Haraiso; 19th Mar 2022 at 17:29.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you see this thread?:https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/403563-How-can-I-extract-ARIB-STD-B24-B37-subtitle...rom-a-TS-video

This forum's membership is mostly from English-speaking countries and the E.U, which all use either ATSC or DVB-T/DVB-S. We have only a few members in ISDB-T countries and only one member living in Japan that I am aware of, so it is hard to say if anyone will be able to help you.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. And just what was the solution? I'm been trying to figure this out off and on for over a year.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wfergus42 View Post
    And just what was the solution? I'm been trying to figure this out off and on for over a year.
    Do you have a video file sample to share?

I can see that in YouTube, the transcripts can be extracted and copeied. See for example this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzzweIQoIOU&ab_channel=EasyLanguages
    It has hardcoded subtitles and soft subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The file is over 11 GB. Not sure how to go about sharing it. In any case, I'm not sure how a YouTube video is relevant. We are talking about extracting a subtitle stream from a TS file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wfergus42 View Post
    The file is over 11 GB. Not sure how to go about sharing it. In any case, I'm not sure how a YouTube video is relevant. We are talking about extracting a subtitle stream from a TS file.
    No need to share the whole video. Just create a sample of 1 minute that includes few lines of closed captions or subtitles and upload to your Google Drive and share the link.
    You can use HD Video Converter Pro to cut the sample preferably from the beginning, just make sure to keep the video output as *.ts file.
    Use Converter > Trim (Scissors icon)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by wfergus42 View Post
    The file is over 11 GB. Not sure how to go about sharing it…We are talking about extracting a subtitle stream from a TS file.
    For snipping video while retaining Closed Caption data (EIA-608) I use Avidemux (a free tool) with Video & Audio output set to “Copy”.* You’ll also set the Output Format to “Mpeg TS Muxer (ff)”.
    Quote Quote