VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    okay well its old but i was using it in my component system for playing cd,s which worked really well, the dog chewed up the remote control. so on the player itself it has stop, play pause and open. so when i want to forward to a song i cant there is no option. i am guessing that the answer is to find an old dvd/cd player but thought i would ask if there were any ideas anyway
    many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mick4116 View Post
    okay well its old but i was using it in my component system for playing cd,s which worked really well, the dog chewed up the remote control. so on the player itself it has stop, play pause and open. so when i want to forward to a song i cant there is no option. i am guessing that the answer is to find an old dvd/cd player but thought i would ask if there were any ideas anyway
    many thanks
    try getting a universal remote ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried 6 different universal remotes from the Play store on my Samsung phone, none of them work. i got one for the TV and that works fine but none of them for the Akai DVD Player, probably cause it is old i guess.

Still if someone knows of an App that might work please let me know. I would buy a universal remote but i would not be sure that it would work
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Get a physical universal remote as some devices require different types of IR. The Phillips RC122, which is very common and cheap lists Akai DVD players as compatible: https://d15yx0mnc9teae.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/sup_remote-manual_philips-rc122-twc.pdf

It's a learning remote, so if the codes don't work you may be able to get to to work. They're only $9 at Amazon, but even that's probably more than your player is worth.

Edit: Some of the higher end Logitech Harmony remotes have multiple LEDs to cover more devices.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi thanks for that, come to mention it the apps i got from the phone, one did come up with a IR Error, but i will look at that remote you gave me the link for, but as you say i can probably get one from the pawn shops for around 10 dollars so i will shop around for one.
    thanks for the help much appreciated
    Quote Quote