VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. MyIslandVideo combined with HandBrake.A powerful and intuitive graphical interface for converting high quality movies and more.

[Attachment 69676 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 69677 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 69678 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 69679 - Click to enlarge]

MyIslandVideo is a graphical interface for HandBrake (soon for FFMpeg), functions to allow converting multimedia files between different formats. Command line instructions can be very difficult to master/understand, so MyIslandVideo does all the work for you. This allows you to use HandBrake without having a deep knowledge of the command line. But also it is possible to enable advanced functionality for expert command line users.

Soon with the possibility to use FFMpeg and all its features

The simplicity of MyIslandVideo brings a new approach to using the optional HandBrake tool, to build very high quality movies without the need to write command line code. This makes it the best video conversion interface available for Windows.

MyIslandVideo offers you advanced statistical tools. These tools show you the compression rate of your files. This way you will always know how much compression has been done.

Convert and process many high-quality audio and video files with the optional HandBrake software, without any programming or other knowledge. Advanced users are not left out: many options are available to enhance your needs.

You can use all media formats supported by the optionally installed HandBrake. For example, codecs and containers like MPEG4, H264, H265 HEVC, Matroska, PRORES, AV1,VP9 (.webm) and many more...

Many presets are included by default: iPad, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Xbox One, Android, YouTube, Facebook and many more.

MyIslandVideo uses the latest graphics card technologies (GPU) such as QuickSyncVideo (QSV) and others soon.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So this is a GUI front end to Handbrake which is a GUI front end to FFmpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by zing269 View Post
    So this is a GUI front end to Handbrake which is a GUI front end to FFmpeg?
    It's what VidCoder is, a complete waste of time, both from a coding standpoint and a use standpoint.

In both cases they took a cross platform open source application and created a Windows only GUI front end for the CLI version of Handbrake.

In the process both projects ended up with worse GUI's than the original.

The sad thing is they appear to be proud of the garbage they created.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    The sad thing is they appear to be proud of the garbage they created.
    That's not nice. Whether it's good or bad the OP has given the forum a link to some software that may be of use to some people. Not to me since I prefer to use both HandBrake and CL ffmpeg to do my things. But why trash somebody else's effort like that? Such actions put people off from sharing or discussing stuff they've got.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have I missed somat ? Where is the 'magical' link to this new software ?

To look at it I had to refer to Google. But even then the website makes no reference to system specs etc. IMHO there is also a suspicious reply in both threads.

But everyone has the right to an opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hello ,

thank you again for your comments which are constructive and which will allow us to make this product evolve quickly.

For information the program currently allows to encode with HandBrakeCli and soon with FFMpeg.
    This way of doing things allows to have the choice according to the cases of figures.
    You should also know that this application allows you to analyze the sizes saved during compression, that's why a dashboard is proposed. Of course it will evolve according to your feedback and comments.

I have just added a download section on my website www.MyIslandSoftware.net. You will find a download button that will allow you to install the myIslandVideo.exe program by unzipping the file https://598d9ffd-6aac-4c4d-8fb4-8477146148c6.filesusr.com/archives/5ed837_5ab056d6e87b...slandVideo.zip

This week I will bring the following new features:
    * Adding the FFMpeg encoder when encoding.
    * Various improvements
    * Correction in the initial sizes
    * Re-encoding of files that have not been processed
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MyIslandSoftware View Post
    Hello ,

I have just added a download section on my website www.MyIslandSoftware.net. You will find a download button that will allow you to install the myIslandVideo.exe program by unzipping the file https://598d9ffd-6aac-4c4d-8fb4-8477146148c6.filesusr.com/archives/5ed837_5ab056d6e87b...slandVideo.zip
    Is this program a trial leading to a purchase or a free version?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by MyIslandSoftware View Post
    Hello ,

Is this program a trial leading to a purchase or a free version?
    looks like there's a free version that's limited in use and the paid version
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello ,

It's two versions:
    * The first one is completely free and allows you to use all the available templates. Namely that you can always change some parameters during the encoding (CRF, Resolution, Audio, ...)
    No limit on the number of files or time of use.

* The second one which is paying 10$ USD and allows to modify the templates by putting the customized Handbrake code and FFMpeg soon.

To know the important future novelties which will be the following:
    * Recognition and naming of files by search in TVDB or TMDB in order to rename and export also dfichier NFO and images concerned.
    * NVidia encoding
    * Run again the files that had a problem by changing the encoder (HandBrake, FFMpeg)
    * Others in progress
    * Addition of guide or tuto for encoding according to FFMpeg and HandBrake.

I am of course listening for any other improvement
    Quote Quote  
  10. Looks like swiss cheese to me, full of (wide open) holes
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A paid GUI wrapped around free opensource software. Am I missing something?
    Warning! I'm baaaaaaaaack
    Quote Quote  
  12. The normal version is free of charge, it is fully usable and allows you to convert your media without any time or size limitations. The paid version allows you to configure the presets and add extra statistics functions for those who wish. Please contact us for more information.
    Quote Quote  
  13. MyIslandSoftware,
    I wish you a good start, and I hope you soon introduse the plugin onto ffmpeg !
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see why so many people are hating on somebody for trying to produce a product. Should be encouraging him/her/them.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Bonjour,

voici j'ai ajouté une nouvelle mise à jour:
    Possibilité d'encoder avec FFmpeg

Prochaine étape:
    Mise à jour depuis TMDB ou TVDB

le lien est le suivant:
    https://598d9ffd-6aac-4c4d-8fb4-8477146148c6.filesusr.com/archives/5ed837_d09fa0b2a092...slandVideo.zip

J'attends bien volontier tous vos commentaires afin de faire évoluer le produit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tigerman8u View Post
    I don't see why so many people are hating on somebody for trying to produce a product.
    Taking freeware, then adding a mere GUI, then charging money, is BS.

That said, I still want an MPEG encoder that doesn't suck. Hybrid could easily do this, but selur doesn't appear to have the knowledge needed for it. I wish I could give him that knowledge. It's the only task missing from it, for me to leave other encoders.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hello,
    The design does not come from rehashing an old freeware, but we have designed an application interface from scratch using HandBrake and FFMpeg for encoding.
    The added value is the possibility to set default values. For 30 days this is possible and then the application remains fully functional for encoding but with a restriction for changing the codes.
    We add new features with each new version according to your feedback to improve it.

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    adding a mere GUI
    that is a hell of a knowledge too, together with tremendous amount of time with non stop updates,
    Quote Quote