VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I'll try and be specific because i know very little about this.
    First, are televisions PAL? or is it just the broadcasts and/or players (VCR,DVD) that are considered PAL? Not sure how that works.
    Then, if PAL is apart of the television, would plugging it into an outlet in America show a picture at 625 lines instead of the 525? I know there are European plug adapter for general electronics, would this work in use with a CRT television?
    Lastly, if all of that does work, what problems may arise? I think differently rated power supplies are something, I just don't know what. So this is where I'll stop because again, I know little about this subject and was hoping for some help answering them.
    These questions comes from me wanting to know if buying a pal VCR and television would work in my home like it would in a home in Europe.
    Thank you all for your time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You'll have to check the voltage requirements of the equipment; you may need some kind of power transformer.
    Usually PAL stuff would run at 240v 50Hz a/c Vs. the 120v 60Hz a/c returned from the the typical household power in the USA
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for that direction!
    Quote Quote