VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking for some advice on how best to proceed modifying my Sankyo 500 cine projector for telecine work.

I am very capable with a soldering iron and I have good electrical awareness in terms of safety and common sense, I lack mathematical skills, essential for electronic component identification.

The Sankyo has two pots, one to adjust 18fps and one to adjust 24fps. There is a selector switch on the front panel to choose fps.

My idea is to take the 24fps pot, remove it from the board and place a regular pot mounted on the case, so I can vary the frame rate to reduce strobing without having to have the case open.

Seems simple enough, I have no problem in doing the wiring and mod, I need advice as follows please.

will this work?

what pot should I buy to use in place of the 'preset' pot on the board?

would it need to be a log or linear type of pot?

How would I determine the value of this pot, I have no circuit diagram but I am capable with a meter.

Should I remove the pot from the board to measure it's value? which pins would I put the meter across, and what settings should I have the meter on?

If you have any advice or tips, I would be most grateful.

I realise this may not get me the accuracy of 16.6fps which I need to achieve, but it is the only idea I have at the moment.

(caption on my photo is wrong, it is a Sankyo 500)

[Attachment 58348 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by super8rescue; 10th Apr 2021 at 06:43.
    Quote Quote