VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there

I would like to block off a section of rolling credits in a video. How would I animate my overlay to go from y=0 to y=-1080 in a period of 204 frames? This is my code so far:
    Code:
    Credits=ffvideosource("E:\JAP.mkv").Trim(120491,120695)
    mask=BlankClip(Credits, length=787, color=$347A34)

video=overlay(Credits,mask,x=0,y=0,opacity=1) #So I would like it to start here
    video=overlay(Credits,mask,x=0,y=-1080,opacity=1) #And animate until here
    I don't know how to fill those arguments in the Animate function.

I would appreciate any assistance, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. The easiest way to do this is to create your own function with only one variable and animate that:

Code:
    function MyOverlay(clip v, clip o, int ypos)
    {
      Overlay(v, o, x=0, y=ypos, opacity=1)
    }

Credits=ffvideosource("E:\JAP.mkv").Trim(120491,120695)
    mask=BlankClip(Credits, length=787, color=$347A34)
    Animate(0,204, "MyOverlay", Credits,mask,0,  Credits,mask,-1080)
    Quote Quote  
  3. In case it's just rolling text, creating ass-Subtitles and adding them through a subtitle filter might also be an easy solution,..
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks I didn't think of creating a custom function. This works well, putting overlay directly in Animate was giving me problems.

@Selur It's only a section I wanted covered after which I want it to continue as per normal. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What do you use to load ssa files?

I've tried this:

Code:
    JAP=ffvideosource("E:\JAP.mkv")
    JAP=TextSub(JAP,"C:\VirtualDub2_43602\JAP.ssa")
    JAP
    The output is weird though, it looks all interlaced, 720x576 and the text covers most of the frame. It's as if the filter is ignoring the video format details.
    Quote Quote  
  6. AssRender or one of the VSFilter versions (https://code.google.com/archive/p/vsfiltermod/, https://www.videohelp.com/software/VSFilter-DirectVobSub, http://www.codeforge.com/article/338839) should all work (depending on the sbutitle file one or the other might work better)
    Quote Quote  
  7. I tried VSFilterMod, so there is a bit of an improvement. The video is the correct frame size, but the text is still covering most of the frame even though I specified size, font and position when converting to ssa.

AssRender seems good, do you know where I can get a compiled file for AviSynth+? Or if not then anything that'll work for AviSynth+?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Edit the sub in aegisub or a text editor . There should be a PlayResX, PlayResY entry
    Quote Quote  
  9. The normal 32bit Avisynth ASSRenderer should work fine with 32bit Avisynth+, I don't think there was a port with extended color space support if that is what you are looking for.
    Output of curiosity: Why are you using ssa and not ass? (most folks use ass)

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Edit the sub in aegisub or a text editor . There should be a PlayResX, PlayResY entry
    The .ssa file didn't have those entries.

Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    The normal 32bit Avisynth ASSRenderer should work fine with 32bit Avisynth+, I don't think there was a port with extended color space support if that is what you are looking for.
    Output of curiosity: Why are you using ssa and not ass? (most folks use ass)

Cu Selur
    I opened the original .srt file in aegisub and saved an .ass file. How do I import AssRender into AviSynth+? The site has it in C code.
    Quote Quote  
  11. users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  12. Okay so I managed to get this code running:

Code:
    AssRender(JAP,"E:\JAP.ass", hinting=2, charset="UTF-8")
    The only snag is, according to aegisub, the style is all set and everything, but when I view the output of this script, it's in a different font as if some default setting or something even though I used hinting.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Possible cause:
    NOTE: the included fontconfig directory MUST be in the same folder as the .dll, or it'll crash!
    Note 2: loading something the first time can be pretty slow, especially if you have a lot of fonts installed, because fontconfig needs to cache all your system fonts.
    source: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=148926
    Also since you are not using
    Code:
    string fontdir:
        Additional font directory.
        Useful if you are lazy but want to keep your system fonts clean.
    the fonts you use are in the usual system font folders, otherwise the fonts won't be found and alternatives of the same font family will be used.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  14. Okay it's all good now. Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi there everyone

I was wondering if there is a filter or something that could output a trimmed subtitle file. Let's say I started like this:

JAP=TextSub(JAP,"C:\VirtualDub2_43602\JAP.ssa")

and then I make a few edits

JAP.Trim(A, B)+JAP.Trim(C,D)

and then output an edited subtitle file that'll go with this footage. How could I do this in AviSynth?

Thanks for all the help
    Quote Quote  
  16. You can probably use MKVToolNixGUI for something like that, although you'll be limited to cutting on keyframes.

Open the MKV, add the subtitles file, use MKVToolNixGUI to cut out the section you don't want (split by parts based on frame numbers A-B,C-D), and finally extract the subtitles from the output MKV with gMKVExtractGUI or MKVCleaver.

I think that will work, otherwise you'd probably have to create the edited video, and manually edit the subtitles to match with something like SubtitleEdit.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Okay cool, thanks for the recommendations!
    Quote Quote