VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Try this build: (deleted)

v210 was ok but I wonder why you made it. I expected anything with a problem. Anyway, seems everything sorted already.

edit: uploaded to SF.
    Last edited by shekh; 15th Jan 2018 at 17:26.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    It works . Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by shekh View Post

v210 was ok but I wonder why you made it. I expected anything with a problem. Anyway, seems everything sorted already.
    Oh I see what you 're getting at ... But I thought there was an issue with writing out planar 10bit422

I wrote out YUV420P10 earlier too before that, and it opened as well , but it didn't open in anything else, and the fourcc was garbled in mediainfo with some symbols

But everything seems sorted out now
    Quote Quote  
  4. another issue, suddenly, at some point, not sure when it started, when starting VapoursynthEditor, there is a message, program cannot start because there is Opencl.dll missing and msfc140.dll missing, that second one is approximate spelling, what I have in my memory, that name could be a bit different. After clicking ok, everything worked.
    but not now,
    couple of days it was like that, but then Vaporsynth Editor started open just with black screen, there is only one error message about missing Opencl.dll. Interestingly enough "preview" window still works (maybe because of some qt magic), But it is unusable for script editing of course.
    I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 installed. I reinstalled Pyhon 3.6, then imported Vapoursynth again, last version 42.1, it did not help.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	44444  

Quote Quote  
  5. @ _Al_ - not sure about vsedit ; could it be because of the portable version you're using ? I don't think it uses opencl . Maybe some driver issue ? If you can't solve it, you can ask Mystery Keeper the author at Doom9 in the vapoursynth editor thread
    Quote Quote  
  6. About that Vapoursynth install, I actually started to install it, but stopped it, it wanted to install it into Program Files (x86) directory. Vapoursynth' website says that installer "automatically decides everything". I have 64bit Windows, but at that point I was not sure if it installs 32 bit, which I do not need.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, the 64bit version installs in the the Program Files x86 directory. Not sure why . You will see core64 subdirectory and plugins64 subdirectory
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks. I reinstalled Python and installed Vapoursynth, still errors, then re-instaled Intel graphic driver and only then proper opencl.dll appeared in System32, no errors this time, but VSEdit still opens up with black screen. Restarted PC. Tried to upload and unzip it again, still the same.
    Windows update was done about at the same time when those errors start to pop up, bu I cannot tell exactly that's the cause.
    Quote Quote  
  9. what was your script ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. just simple, even bypassing QTGMC to make sure
    Code:
    from vapoursynth import core
    video = core.avisource.AVISource(r'D:\temp\DV.avi')
    video.set_output()
    or even using ffms2.Source:
    Code:
    from vapoursynth import core
    video = core.ffms2.Source(r'D:\temp\DV.avi')
    video.set_output()
    any script, but preview works , so scripts are ok

I think there is two things going on, opencl.dll problem and another one with VSEdit, I just got rid of that opencl.dll missing problem. VSEdit even worked with those errors.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Well it is not the end of the World, it will fizzle out later(with new OS image)or things sometimes solves themselves , heh. Or there are alternatives, on PC VirtualDubFilterMode, it is working now after instalation of Vapoursynth. And other alternatives seams to work as well, possibly cross platform as well. I think that VSEdit works in linux as well, is that right?

Also I just tried a script that fires up text editor that was written in Python (text follows Python color syntax which is Vapoursynth syntax) and I can assign a button for preview, that uses avfs.exe, creating avi that is loaded into mpv player. Mpv player could be adjusted for this purpose, like stepping thru frames with assigned keys on keyboard, it uses config files, tons and tons of tweaks are posible, of course default deinterlace off etc. The only think I did not find how to do right now is Point Resize. Playing the script would be better just to play vpy out resolution and sophisticated uprez is not needed. Also that avfs.exe is actually cool, because it updates vpy scripts live. That virtual avi does not have to be canceled and started again if vpy is changed! So some lines written in Python that fire sub-processes, those sub-processes could be also killed (in our case that avfs cmd prompt) and it works.

Btw. I do not know why I spend so much time using windows batch script, Python is the thing.

avfs suppose to work in linux as well, what I have read.
    Quote Quote  
  12. yes, everything in vapoursynth is supposed to work in linux. There is a load avisynth.dll wrapper now as well , you can load ancient 32bit dll's or obscure filters that don't have a 64bit version directly in 64bit vapoursynth

VSEdit is fantastic . But the one thing I miss big time that is very useful is tabs like avspmod. I submitted a feature request but it got shot down . Not sure why it would show black screen for you , it's QT5 based. Some display driver issue maybe. Try fiddling with the options, there is a "portable" mode, but AFAIK , that only saves configuration files to that local directory. Make sure it's disabled now that you have install version
    Quote Quote  
  13. That portable setting I did not notice, it was working as portable even without selecting it. I just input Vapoursynth library path for VSEditor.
    VSEdit can be run multiple times, they look like independent processes, if it helps, but you perhaps used those tabs as comparison between two scripts, without needing to make new scripts and interleave videos.

I let i go for now, I might broke it myself, I use Python's pyqt5 for GUI, I just discover it, it is so easy to create apps. Maybe there is conflict between them, not sure how that would be possible, but ... I do not use any separate environments here for projects. I just started to play with all of it.

I also saw that new proxy that loads avisynth lines into Vapoursynth and using input clips from Vapoursynth. , something ...

I can see lots of new possibilities. There is versions of mpv player's builed with Vapoursynth support, even other players, it is being propelled by folks around svp (smooth video project).
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    That portable setting I did not notice, it was working as portable even without selecting it. I just input Vapoursynth library path for VSEditor.
    VSEdit can be run multiple times, they look like independent processes, if it helps, but you perhaps used those tabs as comparison between two scripts, without needing to make new scripts and interleave videos.
    Yes, but it's the number key short cut I'm missing. It allows for instantaneous swapping and comparing for example, different versions or different filters applied to same video and they are aligned on the same frame in avspmod . If you seek to different frame, all tabs are aligned and on that new frame. That doesn't work with multiple instances of vsedit, you have to manually swap and navigate. In avspmod the tabs can even hold different pixel formats, but interleave requires them to be the same. If you have 7 or 8 tabs, interleave method is a mess and the frame numbers off. Yes, you can label with text /subtitles but it's just waaaay easier in avspmod. It' s just a personal gripe I have. Tabs are very handy for things that I do

</complaining over>
    Quote Quote  
  15. that could be implemented
    mpv has config file, and there is a specific time for video start (just looking at manual) , could not find start on frame. So if config is like that, it can be changed whatever interface is going to be for input (on that picture below it is 3 seconds),
    then mpv creates playlists, where you can switch between. Mpv uses arrow, left and right to change file on playlist. There is a bar down below, but it disappears when not hovering upon, so nothing can be seen on that snap picture. And it always jumps into the same time on any video! Because every file folows mpv.conf !! Easy, just pick up a python manual.

..and as I said you do not have to kill those avfs processes (like in that script in the picture), you change config selecting some other time input, or change vpy scripts, it updates, then you just fire up mpv again. Those avfs processes could be killed only when you are done with those comparisons or previewing
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	44456  

Last edited by _Al_; 20th Jan 2018 at 20:16.
    Quote Quote  
  16. .... double post
    Quote Quote  
  17. It's still "clunkier" and slower. The number keys 1-9 in avspmod swap automatically . What if I wanted to swap from tab 2 to tab 7 in mpv , do I hit arrow key a few times ? It's just 1 key in avspmod

If you make changes to script, just refresh (f5), you don't have to start any processes or fire anything up and it's all done in the same window. You don't need multiple instances of avfs or extra window clutter

There is a pixel color picker/sampler, that displays in RGB and YUV values , x,y position coordinates (vsedit has this too, but not the x,y coordinates, I made a feature request) ; I suppose it could be implemented too in python for mpv, but it's already there in avspmod

Do you remember browsers without tabs? Like netscape or IE3 or 4 or soemthing like that ? That's what I feel like. Tabs are almost as essential for script editing as they are for web browsers for me

</more whine>
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yes, it is quick "red neck" solution, it all could be wrapped up in nice GUI though. But this in not for some serious work. Not sure if mpv has those files indexed so it would be possible to use keyboard shortcuts to jump to videos directly, perhaps not. This was meant to be a sort of half serious solution.
    Yeah I cannot imagine browsers without TABs now, I only take some down if not having enough RAM.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Well it's definitely a nice workaround. I couldn't program anything like that. "Python"?...WTF I thought "python" were those 24 inch things stuck on Hulk Hogan's torso!

I just feel vsedit has so much more potential if it had tabs, from purely a useful/workflow point of view. Vapoursynth even has a LUT filter now. If you had tabs you could load different LUTs in different tabs . Faster than soloing layers in a NLE or compositor

tabs are the greatest thing since sliced bread!
    Quote Quote  
  20. quite a turn now, dmfs is working now 64bit, some guy fix that, https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/387939-64bit-DebugMode-FrameServer , so Vapoursynth 64 loads it right away at least on windows 7 do far, maybe the author would make win10 work as well, I am going to update first input in this thread to input details as well
    Quote Quote  
  21. that bug I had with VSeditor (black screen) was fixed doing this : https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1863244&postcount=517
    post from its author Mystery Keeper
    Quote Quote