VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti8MoqmQzuM

The Logo at the start " 2 for good" that is spinning!?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you mean that exact logo , or more "in general" ?

It's a flat 2d layer with alpha channel rotating on the Y-axis . Most video editors will be able to do this quite easily
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks, i mean the spinning only
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    thanks, i mean the spinning only
    As he told you:
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    It's a flat 2d layer with alpha channel rotating on the Y-axis . Most video editors will be able to do this quite easily
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Did you mean that exact logo , or more "in general" ?

Poisondeathray is absolutely correct. My NLE, Vegas, has been able to do this for over a decade. You can spin any video or still and then overlay that spinning object. Once you understand how to do it, the actual work is about fifteen seconds.
    Last edited by johnmeyer; 21st Dec 2017 at 15:59. Reason: added first sentence
    Quote Quote  
  6. My V-editor does not have this. is there any free programm that can do this? and i transfer it then to my Videoeditor?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    My V-editor does not have this. is there any free programm that can do this? and i transfer it then to my Videoeditor?
    Which video editor are you using ?

For free programs, I'd probably use aviutl . It's a "quirky" program but very powerful with hundreds of filters. It can export with alpha channel, the alpha channel isn't antialiased and looks "ratty" (jaggy edges) . It's fine if you stay in there and composite in there (clean edges). So if you do only the sequence with the animation in there , then export it composited (instead of with alpha channel/transparency to composite in your other editor) it will work cleanly

And a quick note - the rotation in your example is slightly different - is front face only . The back face isn't really "seen" . One way of thinking of it is you only see 180 degrees - then and it loops , vs. a full 360 degrees. (On a 2d image, you'd expect the text to be reversed on the back face) . But it's easy enough to do eitherway you want
    Quote Quote  
  8. thanks.

VSDC Videoeditor

I have aviutl now. Which filter in aviutl is it that can make this effect?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post

I have aviutl now. Which filter in aviutl is it that can make this effect?
    rotation

It's under basic effect => rotation

There is an aviutl thread with basic tutorials, tips/tricks, sample projects on this forum . If you're stuck jusk ask . It's originally written in Japanese and some things might be a bit weird or a bit off in the translation; it's also organized differently compared to traditional editors and compositors

And looking at it more closely - you can export it cleanly with alpha channel, it's just an interpretation issue. If your receiving program cannot interpret by premultiplying the alpha , then you can premultiply in another program like ffmpeg with the premultiply filter
    Quote Quote  
  10. i cant find Basic effects, i have this only:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	o.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	484.7 KB
ID:	44206  

Quote Quote  
  11. Many of the functions are hidden or not obvious at first

First thing you should do is filter+ => advanced editing . This will open up a timeline, like a layered editor . The stack order is reversed (higher numbers, or layers below, are actually on "top") . I think VSDC does it like this too, I can't recall. Anyways it's the opposite of photoshop or image editors or traditional programs

When you double click on an asset on the timeline, hit the "+" button, and you will get a filter list. There are a lot of hidden filters within submenus as well

Keyframing, setting keys for animation is a bit weird too. There are some tutorials in the thread I mentioned

Name:	filter button.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	44207  

Quote Quote  
  12. Here is a sample project
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks. is the sample project suppose to spin? it does not spin when i open it
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    Thanks. is the sample project suppose to spin? it does not spin when i open it
    yes.

Move the playhead or push play

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm using AviUtl_ExtraPack1-10[Win7]Release , which is the last "portable" version of aviutl , on a Win8 OS

Some older versions archived here
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/AviUtl/old-versions#downloadold
    Quote Quote  
  15. thanks. How do i make it transparent, so that the black edges around the image disappear? I put it in my editor, but its with the edges
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    thanks. How do i make it transparent, so that the black edges around the image disappear? I put it in my editor, but its with the edges
    file=> export with plugin => adv editing AVI /BMP export (RGBA) . That "A" is the alpha channel responsible for transparency

You can use a codec like lagarith in RGBA mode to reduce the filesizes

But as I mentioned above earlier above, if VDSC doesn't have a way to interpret the alpha channel (premultipled with black), you might get "ratty" edges . In that case you can premultiply with another program like ffmpeg or avisynth, then import that . Try the direct export/import first, and look for interpretation options in your editor
    Quote Quote  
  17. Unfortunately, the black edge is still there. How do i use avisynth for it?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    Unfortunately, the black edge is still there. How do i use avisynth for it?
    They should be mostly gone (it should be mostly transparent) , but if it's an alpha interpretation issue, then it will look like "noise" or aliasing just along the edges. If it's completely black, either you didn't setup the export correctly, or it's an alpha channel import issue in VSDC

I'm going to guess it's an issue with VDSC and alpha channel. What formats are supported for transparency in VSDC ? In some editors you have to turn it "on".

Or another method is to do that part of the project in aviutl (including the compositing over the background), then export that only part in a standard format that your editor understands
    Quote Quote  
  19. This was my file, Now i put your file the "540x540_30fps_44100Hz.aup LOGO" in my editor, and it says this file can not be recognized!

I will ask someone from Vsdc for what formats are supported!
    Quote Quote  
  20. For example, in aviutl , by default alpha channel is not used in all file types. For an AVI, you have to toggle "advanced drawing", then checkmark import alpha channel and it will become transparent

I uploaded a re-import project. The exported Lagarith avi is in the zip file. Since this is verifed to be working - If you installed lagarith, try to see if you can import into your editor. See if there are alpha channel options on import . If not, you might need to use another format, like PNG in MOV, or even a PNG sequence (image sequence)

If there is a list of supported alpha channel formats for your editor that would help

Name:	adv_drawing_alpha.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	44209  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    This was my file, Now i put your file the "540x540_30fps_44100Hz.aup LOGO" in my editor, and it says this file can not be recognized!

I will ask someone from Vsdc for what formats are supported!

That .aup file is an aviutl project file . Only aviutl understands it

In the last post, if you unzip the zip file, there is a "aviutl.avi" , which was exported from that project as lagarith RGBA . Try importing that into your editor
    Quote Quote  
  22. Now that I see adv drawing screenshot, you actually don't even need the rotation filter. There is a Y-spin parameter in the adv drawing dialog
    Quote Quote  
  23. I put the aviutl.avi file in my editor, and here it too says "file is not recognized"
    I dont know why!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    I put the aviutl.avi file in my editor, and here it too says "file is not recognized"
    I dont know why!

Did you install lagarith ?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Yes i did, maybe i did install it wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Here are 2 common formats used for alpha channel /compositing . These are formats often used as overlays in editors etc...

png in mov, and qtrle in mov ; test importing these

Is there a list of formats supported for your editor

Or just do the project in aviutl More powerful, more versatile
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  27. png in mov has been accepted and is transparent.

qtrle too, but it has the black border
    Quote Quote  
  28. The only way you can export alpha channel from aviutl is with that file => export with plugin => adv editing AVI/BMP (RGBA) method mentioned above.

aviutl has a ffmpeg export plugin, but you cannot send RGBA data directly (you lose the alpha)

So you'd have to use the 1st plugin, the convert it with ffmpeg in a separate step

The command line I used was

Code:
    ffmpeg -i aviutl.avi -c:v png -an png_in_mov.mov
    Quote Quote  
  29. Where do I put this command?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    Where do I put this command?
    It's a command line application

In windows explorer, if you have a folder open, if you hold shift down, right click => open command window here . It will open a command window at that directory level

It might be easier at first to put ffmpeg.exe in the same folder. But you should eventually set up an environment variable . There are tutorials you can find on google on how to do that

So you would just change the filenames to what you have (whatever your actual video name is that you exported from aviutl)

Code:
    ffmpeg.exe -i INPUT.avi -c:v png -an OUTPUT.mov
    Quote Quote