VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. does anyone know where i can find a simple graphic editor?

graphic editor that
    makes less than 1 or 2 sub directories and no more
    doesnt leave many registries

doesnt windows come with the pbrush? i cant find this
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Windows 'Paint' is in 'Windows Accessories' in the main menu of W10.
    If you want something a lot better, you could look here:

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/best-5-free-alternatives-microsofts-paint
    Quote Quote  
  3. AA=http://www.digitalcitizen.life/best-5-free-alternatives-microsofts-paint

AA= seemed too big 100mb each. i am looking for maybe around 2m size, something simple for my XP.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You might as well stick with Paint. There is probably no tiny third-party drawing package that will be easier to use.

I have more than one graphics editor installed. IrfanView (download for the latest version is 2.1 MB) is the smallest third-party graphics software I have tried, but its editing/drawing tools are no more advanced than XP's version of MS Paint. I'm not sure why I installed it anymore. Maybe to view and edit an animated GIF?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. > IrfanView is the smallest third-party graphics software, but its editing/drawing tools are no more advanced than XP's MS Paint.
    are you sure if IrfanView can let you edit? isnt it just a viewer? maybe a cutter a little. i tried IrfanView for the console cammands like below.

I_view32.exe"%1" /resize=(1080,1080) /aspectratio /jpgq=90 /convert=out.jpg occasionally until i replaced it with FFmpeg.exe few days ago. because irfan cant auto-find the minimum pivot value for w or h in resizing.

> MS Paint
    i am not sure what i did with the MS Paint long ago, but it is still there in my OS for a default FAX viewer. but i can not run it independently, probably because i tried to uninistall a lot of things related with MS's bloaded softwares. you can say my XP is somewhat damaged but my XP is still fast and very stable.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    MSPaint in Windows is a .exe. It should be in the 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mspaint.exe' You can also find it online.
    I use the old Paint (XP version?) because I really dislike the new versions of it.
    Since it's an executable file, no installation required. It's about 6.52 MB.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sommers View Post
    > IrfanView is the smallest third-party graphics software, but its editing/drawing tools are no more advanced than XP's MS Paint.
    are you sure if IrfanView can let you edit? isnt it just a viewer? maybe a cutter a little. i tried IrfanView for the console cammands like below.
    I am sure. Pressing F12 after loading a graphics file opens a set of drawing tools in its own window.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  8. >old Paint (XP version?) because I really dislike the new versions of it.
    when i opened up add/remove, to look fo a graphic editor reinstallation, it was not in the list. and i dont remember anymore if there ever was one in windows setup, another than "OPEN WITH.." then "windows pictures and fax viewer".

AA= "OPEN WITH.." then "windows pictures and fax viewer".
    AA= seems to have a problem , if i accidently clicked on it, because it was so close to other openers in "windows shell", AA= was permanently but maybe {maybe because i dont want to verify this, it is not worth my time} hijacking other graphic extensions as in jpg, bmp.. etc then i had to reconfigure other openers again anad again... but maybe a little.

> IrfanView + Pressing F12
    this can do, thanks and IrfanView is "windows shell" friendly and not greedy.
    Last edited by sommers; 27th Jun 2017 at 21:41.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    did you try vectr ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. > vectr
    before installation, i watched the vectr review from youtube, it looked great, and it would be great for chemistry major people.

after i made OS mirror backup, and after the setup of preventing any file injections
    i tried to install. but it only supported win10 based OS. not XP, so i will try this software some other time really later.
    Last edited by sommers; 28th Jun 2017 at 04:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I myself really like Paint.Net.

A little bit of a learning curve but once I figured out what I wanted to do, its 'a piece of cake' (I'm 70 yrs old/young)

I use it in conjuction with 'Graphics Workshop', <- thumbnails here & quick access to MSPaint.

Copy in any one & paste in any other.

(Graphics Workshop is $$, but worth it imo.)

-c-
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote