VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Foobar played it smoothly but seek-bar isn't working on the audio file.

Maybe the container issue (says it's ADTS)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. If it's just raw AAC that's normal for foobar2000. I don't think RAW AAC contains the info required to tell the player about duration or bitrate etc. Some players will check part of the audio and take a guess at duration and let you navigate, even if it's not very accurate, but foobar2000 doesn't.

MKVToolnix will open TS files and you can remux just the audio stream as an mka, then you'll be able to seek normally. Or you should be able to remux the audio as an MP4 or M4A file with fffmpeg and once again you'll be able to seek. I use AnotherGUI for that sort of thing rather than use the command line. If you create a AnotherGUI preset for ffmpeg with the following in the first pass section, you can select the preset, drag and drop files onto AnotherGUI and click "Go" to remux just the audio as an M4a, assuming it's of a type compatible with the MP4/M4A container (put ffmpeg.exe in the same folder as AnotherGUI).

-i "<FullSourceFileName>" -y -threads 1 -vn -sn -acodec copy "<OutputPath><OutputFileName>.m4a"

For TS files containing AAC or raw AAC streams as the input, you'll need to create a preset with the following command line.

-i "<FullSourceFileName>" -y -threads 1 -vn -sn -acodec copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc "<OutputPath><OutputFileName>.m4a"
    Last edited by hello_hello; 19th Dec 2016 at 02:56.
    Quote Quote