VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I found that the audio of the video mixed down to one stream (after rendered)
    rather than kept the separate streams intact
    Is there a way to keep both streams separate ?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's what rendering does: mix down. If you want elements, highlight/solo those elements (or hide/mute all the others), do a render of that only, then highlight the next element...and on and on.

Yes, it's tedious. This a not a normal way of working, so apps wouldn't be optimized for that.

*If, OTOH, you are wanting multi-channel (5.1 vs. stereo) and it isn't working, that's just a session configuration issue.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    That's what rendering does: mix down. If you want elements, highlight/solo those elements (or hide/mute all the others), do a render of that only, then highlight the next element...and on and on.

Yes, it's tedious. This a not a normal way of working, so apps wouldn't be optimized for that.

*If, OTOH, you are wanting multi-channel (5.1 vs. stereo) and it isn't working, that's just a session configuration issue.

Scott
    OK ! Thanks Cornucopia
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    See also "Rendering Multichannel Audio Files" in the Online Help. Several formats such as WAV, AVI and MXF support multiple audio channels.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe the OP needs to clarify their understanding of the (separate) meanings of "channels" and "streams". In standard audio engineer parlance, channels are individual, separate, but often interrelated elements that make up a single audio program stream. The difference is usually positional or psycho-acoustical. Streams, OTOH, are completely independent audio programs that often differ in mix components, compression format, bitrate/quality, or some combination.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    See also "Rendering Multichannel Audio Files" in the Online Help. Several formats such as WAV, AVI and MXF support multiple audio channels.
    I find this tutorial , is that right
    http://mmdv.com/vegastips/index.php?title=Multichannel_Audio_tutorial
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, that will help you. But best to search in Vegas' HELP file for the most recent information. As Scott pointed out, multiple channels are not the same thing as multiple streams. It really depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vegas Pro is an NLE, but also a photo editor, and Audio/Music editor.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    oh i don't know, i've always found offloading audio to soundforge to work on easily produced much better results.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yah, if you have full version SoundForge. Vegas Pro has more audio tools than SoundForge Studio. Like Compression, Limiters, etc.

If none of that works, you're next level up would be ProTools or Ableton Live. (MeThinks)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    oh i don't know, i've always found offloading audio to soundforge to work on easily produced much better results.
    You don't have to "off-load". You can select a default audio editor in the Preferences, and simply right click on the clip to open in the chosen default editor.

Then it will come back into the media window as audiotake2.wav. Or something like that.
    Quote Quote