VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. My dad has an Onkyo TX-DS575X, as you can see, it is little over than 10 years old, and I have a Samsung 55" LED 8000 Series Smart TV with the side of it. My issue is on some file formats I am able to get the DD 5.1 to work on some movies and other movies just standard stereo mix. I have my PC connected to my modem which connects to the Samsung TV and then we have a Optical Output that goes from the TV to the receiver. I am not sure what I am doing wrong if there is a setting on the PS3 media server (1.82.0) that will let me use the full potential sound of movies that we watch. As of right now we have one file that works great and able to get Dobly Digital output is "The.Hunger.Games.Catching.Fire.2013.IMAX.EDITION. 1080p.BluRay.x264-PHD", I know there are a few but, unable to get it to DD or DTS.

Btw, I dl movies and then stream it, just a heads up if you were wondering
    And all my settings are basically on default, except, Video settings; Transcoding quality to 'Great Quality'. I tried and fiddle with the Audio settings with the 'DTS track' but no luck.

Or should I consider getting a new receiver or buy WD TV Live Streaming Media Player with DTS?

The only way to get true DTS is buying the Blu-ray itself, which I don't want too.

Thanks.

Search Comp PM
    DL movies here is frowned upon. I dont know if anybody would be willing to assist under these facts. It is illegal ya know.

3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Reread our rules. Buy the movie on blu-ray instead.