VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got a problem today with my DVD PVR. Philips DVD 3455H stops dubbing from HDD to DVD. The process never is gonna be completed 100% but stops mostly before 50%. I just upgraded the software from Philips website but no result. Any solutions? Thanks
    Last edited by 1234567; 30th Dec 2013 at 00:58.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Burner is dead.....or bad/crap discs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Burner is dead.....or bad/crap discs.
    I tried different bard disks. Same problem. Can burner be changed?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You'll have to check for your specific player (I have no idea), but in general DVD recorder burners are not something consumers can change. Usually the recorders use specialized burners with weird connectors so you can't buy something off the shelf and stick it in. That means that you're having to buy replacement burners on the secondary market (like Ebay) with no real guarantees that they'll last. Philips abandoned the market some years ago for DVD recorders so your model is already ancient by DVD recorder standards. If you can't live without it you can see if Philips can repair it for you (won't be cheap) or role the dice on buying a replacement burner and putting it in yourself if you know how to do that sort of thing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    You'll have to check for your specific player (I have no idea), but in general DVD recorder burners are not something consumers can change. Usually the recorders use specialized burners with weird connectors so you can't buy something off the shelf and stick it in. That means that you're having to buy replacement burners on the secondary market (like Ebay) with no real guarantees that they'll last. Philips abandoned the market some years ago for DVD recorders so your model is already ancient by DVD recorder standards. If you can't live without it you can see if Philips can repair it for you (won't be cheap) or role the dice on buying a replacement burner and putting it in yourself if you know how to do that sort of thing.
    I found a broken recorder 3455h(power supply is broken). Can I replace the burner of my recorder putting the burner of the new recorder?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why not?!?
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote