1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I take aspirin with codeine.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I selected food.

I just wanted to do that.

Fortunately I don't get many headaches. When I do they are usually sinus headaches induced by changing weather fronts. Usually when the bad weather leaves the headache lifts. But again I am fortunate in that I don't get them very often.

Now thats naturally occuring headaches. Headaches caused by personal neglect are another matter all together and unfortunately legal medication doesn't seem to fix self inflicted problems
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ibuprofen and a nap.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I rarely get headaches, so when I do I usually find that the generic ASA in our medicine cabinet expired three years ago and reeks of vinegar. I end up drinking a glass or two of water.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    wife induced or alcohol induced?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I mostly get sinus headaches and take Advil usually for them, and maybe a sudafed too. Oddly, I have found over the decades that if I floss my teeth that often helps relieve or prevent the headache. Hence, the happier my dentist is with me, the less headaches I get and the happier I am
    it's Win/Win!

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Aspirin. But I haven't had a headache in years.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I eat something light and bland, drink extra water and then take 1 325 mg generic aspirin. Repeat if needed after 1-2 hours to a max of 3 times a day. If that doesn't fix it then it means I need more sleep.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The hair of the dog that bit me.

No, just kidding. Actually usually just an aspirin, that usually seems to do the trick, although as with gll99, it's usually just a lack of sleep that causes it in the first place.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    ibuprofen and a nap.

Doesn't happen often, thankfully, but when it does I do the same. They usually come on from a lack of sleep from having a busy week.

I also read alot and though I was blessed with slight nearsidedness, over the years I noticed that I would get headaches during/after reading. Though the text was clear, I was straining quite a bit. A set of nice prescription reading glasses later and it's as relaxing as ever to read again. I did try the inexpensive ones from the drug store. They somewhat worked but the cheap plastic was too cloudy.
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  11. Naproxen is evil stuff ----and if you're into audio don't even think of taking it.
    Take Naproxen,and could well end up with tinnitus.

Naproxen wrecked my hearing at 11 a.m, Jan21st, 1993. Trust me, when you're an audio tech, you tend to notice, and remember exactly, when your left ear goes 'pop' and you have tinnitus for ever afterwards.

Avoid Naproxen.......
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    acetaminophen , but water is still the best thing and ibuprofen makes my blood pressure go up
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    'Acetaminophen' is usually called 'paracetamol' where I live. Both for the ingredient and the general name of the pills.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had severe headaches and no pills helped me much. Then some 15 years ago I've discovered Advil (I live in Europe), which is the only thing that helps me. Headache strikes me only 4-5 times a year, but when it does, it's a nasty one. Advil removes the pain completely.
    One of my friends, though, with similar problems, takes Excedrin (Advil does not help him at all).
    And ibuprofen - there are ibuprofen pills (Neofen) produced in my country (Croatia) but it doesn't help me at all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    ibuprofen and a nap.
    This.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    mary jane
    Oh I thought the poll was about how to get rid of a headache, not what causes one...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
    Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    mary jane
    Oh I thought the poll was about how to get rid of a headache, not what causes one...
    Just about anything that's lowgrade - including wine - will give you a headache...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Naproxen ... tylenol(acetaminophen) ... and ibuprofen ... but I have a pill cutter and I cut the Naproxen in half

So I take ... half a Naproxen ... one tylenol and 2 ibuprofen ... from Walmart Shelves.

Or perhaps an Excedrin ... but the aspirin can make me feel ... a funky ... not good ... feeling.

I keep a container of cheap cookies next to my bed ... to munch on and I eat about 4 cookies [their small] if I take a Excedrin [Walmart brand] ... I ran out of "Excedrin" a few months ago ... so I do the "3" if the headache is bad.

"3" -- Or ... shot of coffee ... with a tinge of instant coffee added in.

Caffeine withdrawal headaches ... hurt like a dickens.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lacywest View Post
    Naproxen ... tylenol(acetaminophen) ... and ibuprofen ... but I have a pill cutter and I cut the Naproxen in half

So I take ... half a Naproxen ... one tylenol and 2 ibuprofen ... from Walmart Shelves.

Or perhaps an Excedrin ... but the aspirin can make me feel ... a funky ... not good ... feeling.

I keep a container of cheap cookies next to my bed ... to munch on and I eat about 4 cookies [their small] if I take a Excedrin [Walmart brand] ... I ran out of "Excedrin" a few months ago ... so I do the "3" if the headache is bad.

"3" -- Or ... shot of coffee ... with a tinge of instant coffee added in.

Caffeine withdrawal headaches ... hurt like a dickens.
    Hmmm. Sounds like a "Doctor, it hurts when I do this...." moment.
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I get sinus headaches daily but I don't really consider those a typical type of headache like most get so I take nothing for em...cause nothing works.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Moontrash View Post
    I get sinus headaches daily but I don't really consider those a typical type of headache like most get so I take nothing for em...cause nothing works.
    Try flossing (not implying anything here) it really does help. Your teeth and sinuses tend to react to each other. Relieve the pressure on one and the other feels better.

Beyond that, I'm with you brother. When it's real bad I have to try to push through it or hope it eases if I take a nap.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  22. I rarely get headaches but when I do I take a Tylenol or Advil, as for causes wine gives me headaches so I rarely drink it.

I take aspirin with codeine.
    Two things that give me an upset stomach.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    mary jane

Originally Posted by Case View Post
    'Acetaminophen' is usually called 'paracetamol' where I live. Both for the ingredient and the general name of the pills.
    Me too but recently, I'm using Sertraline.
    Quote Quote