VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I'm having a problem reducing the number of cd's i use when creating an svcd. THe thing is I have a 136min movie that i want to fit into 3 cd's (as a friend of a friend was able to do for a 140min movie) but it always ends up in four volumes. The program that I am using to encode the VOB is DVDx v2.0. Could you tell me what settings i should use to reduce the size or, if there is one, a better programe out there that could help me with this dilema. Thankyou for your time!
    Quote Quote  
  2. DVDx is a good appp try lowering the bitrate and remeber 800mb file fits on 80 min disc and 74 74 min disc. so lower bitrate until estimated size is 2400. mb (because 3X80min = 2400) then click the option that says something like don't let volume exceed 80 min vcd.

I realize Im not the best at explaining hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD2SVCD is wonderful for setting the number of discs based on movie length. It is an all in one rip package, but you must install either TMPGEnc or CCE (recommend CCE highly) for the encoding and tell DVD2SVCD where it is. There are plenty of tutorials out there.
    Quote Quote