VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,
    Using DVDRipper, I managed to get the four VOB and one IFO files from a DVD and also a TXT file with:
    CHAPTER01=00:00:00.000
    CHAPTER01NAME=Chapter 1
    CHAPTER02=00:02:31.833
    CHAPTER02NAME=Chapter 2
    CHAPTER03=00:07:55.700
    and so on...

The complete DVD is over 6Gb, but the four VOB and IFO are just under 3 Gb. The VOBs I got are the complete film.
    Now I would like to put these files back on a DVDR to play on a standalone DVD player. Is it possible? How?
    What about subtitles?
    Thank you for any hints on this!
    Marcos
    Quote Quote  
  2. i got this from a forum and it helped me a lot when i started ripping:
    rip the film only with dvdecryptor (or similar)
    create a folder called VIDEO_TS to write the new files to
    open the .ifo file using ifoedit (available from www.doom9.org)
    click on VOB extras
    select strip audio and recreate vts file
    browse to the new VIDEO_TS file you created earlier to put the files in
    click ok, click the audio track you want to keep (and subtitles if you want)
    untick everything else (this makes the file as small as possible, good for fils that are just a bit too big to burn back to dvd-r)
    click ok, it will process the vob files, it will give an error about a file not existing, click ok
    when complete open the new .vts file that is now in the VIDEO_TS folder and click on get VTS sectors
    click ok to any messages that appear.
    now create an empty folder called AUDIO_TS
    now burn the VIDEO_TS and the AUDIO_TS folders to a dvd-r.
    you should then get a working dvd movie only, this method is only suitable for films that are 4.3 gig or smaller after having the vob extras removed as above
    i have just ripped swordfish using the above method, it was 4.6 gig when ripped from the dvd and 4.15 gig when vob extras were removed, and it works fine.
    good luck, post any follow up questions and i will check back later
    martin
    Quote Quote