VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have worked out how to add a fade however I was wondering if you can separate the fade from the video so as that the fade doesn't make you miss any video content? So it's like you just added a fade rather than put the fade "on top" of the video.

Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gutterboy View Post
    I have worked out how to add a fade however I was wondering if you can separate the fade from the video so as that the fade doesn't make you miss any video content? So it's like you just added a fade rather than put the fade "on top" of the video.

Thanks a lot!
    In film/video school they teach you to start shooting early and keep shooting after giving you enough video (head and tail) to do a mix or other transition. If your video edit is so tight you can't do a transition, then do cut or a faster transition.

Or are you trying to separate an audio fade from a video cut? You can fade audio separately from a video cut in Vegas.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    A FADE is ALWAYS on TOP of something. What do you want it to be on top of?

A. The regular video clip
    B. The regular video clip with extended length (so that "the regular clip" is not under the fade portion).
    C. The regular video clip with a Frozen last frame (for similar reasons as B.)
    D. The regular video clip with some other frame(s) used for transition (usually looks stupid)
    E. Nohing - don't use fade...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the responses.

@Cornucopia: I suppose either B or C would suffice.
    Quote Quote