VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sure I must be doing something wrong - but this driving me mad!!

I have an mpeg file to which I created subtitles with Jubler, I saved them as .srt , ssa and Advanced SSA Format. All formats seemed to be accepted by DVD Flick v 1.3.0.6 - as in the subtitle/edit window of Flick the subs appeared in the preview window, but when I tried to play resulting Vob file after encoding with Mplayer Classic and Power DVD 5 - either the subs created with .srt or ssa files did not appear to have been added to the video. In Power DVD the subtitles selection seemed to be greyed out. I tried looking for a 'view/swtich on subtitles' setting on both Mplayer and Power DVD but could not find any. I also tried creating another subbed/vob file with Simple DVD Creator - same problem, no subs seem to have been added.

Any advice gratefully received.....ta!
    Last edited by bahjan; 29th Sep 2011 at 07:13.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Don't just play the vob file. Open the entire dvd, in mpchc by file->open dvd and choose the video_ts folder. Still no subs then?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah ha! - They are there when I open video_ts in Mplayer classic....Easy when you know! Thanks Baldrick!
    Last edited by bahjan; 29th Sep 2011 at 07:59.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open Media Player Classic - click File - Open file - naviigate to Video-TS file (browse) and click on Video_TS.IFO - then OK .

Still can't get PowerDVD to open Video-TS directly from H/D - seems only interested in Vobs, but it will probably work if I burned Flick files to a dvd.

Cheers Baldrick!
    Last edited by bahjan; 30th Sep 2011 at 05:10.
    Quote Quote