VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well...I think somebody asked this question before, but his or hers is a bit different. Therefore, I hope somebody could still help me out.

Anyway, here is what happens.

I have a series in Dual layer DVD and all I could find what is stored within the DVD is one big chunk of video which lasts about 2 hours 45 minutes. I used DVDshrink to rip one episode at a time and then used vsRip to rip the subtitles into sub/idx. Each of the episode consists of 6 chapters and so there are total 24 chapters in each DVD.

The subtitles of the first episode works fine and the timing is in sync and everything is ok. However, when I ripped the subtitles from the second episode with vsRip, the timing of the subtitles won't reset, even if I ticked the reset timing check box. This is driving me crazy.

The timing of the second episode always starts at 45 minutes or a bit beyond that. I am just wondering if you guys could help. Really appreciate that.
    kenryuakuma always need your help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try getting the subs using PGCDemux. They'll give them to you in SUP format which you can then instantly convert to VobSubs (IDX/SUB) format with SubtitleCreator. I believe that PGCDemux will reset the timings (but not having done it the way you have, I can't be sure).

I have a series in Dual layer DVD and all I could find what is stored within the DVD is one big chunk of video which lasts about 2 hours 45 minutes.
    Are you saying all the episodes are contained within the same title/PGC? How did you determine they're all stored on the DVD as 'one big chunk of video'? I'm not saying you're wrong, as it's not uncommon, but the way you phrased it led me to conclude you could possibly be incorrect.

You might also open the original IFO for the retail DVD in PGCDemux to check if all 5 episodes are in the same PGC. And if so, you might then check by VOB ID to see if the episodes are divided by VOB ID. If so, I know you can get the SUP files with the timings reset.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here is the picture

BTW...Could you show me how to use the app PGCDemux? Really sorry if that's a noob question.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	317
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	8824  

Last edited by kenryuakuma; 26th Sep 2011 at 09:15.
    kenryuakuma always need your help
    Quote Quote  
  4. That's not a picture from PGCDemux. Anyway, open the IFO with that 3 hour PGC of the episodes all together (you were right - they're all together). Rather than using the default Mode 'By PGC', hit 'By VOB ID' and see if the timings it then gives you for the various VOB IDs correspond to the length of the various episodes. Use the drop-down box to help check them. If the VOB IDs don't help, if worse comes to worst, you can modify the timestamps of the various VobSubs using the Sub File Cutter utility that is included in the VobSub package. However, you'll need to know or figure out the total length of all the episodes before the one you're currently working on.
    Image Attached Images  
    Last edited by manono; 26th Sep 2011 at 18:24.
    Quote Quote