VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have a KWorld DVD Maker USB 2.0 with USB connected to the PC, and the other end has a female svideo and red, white and yellow RCA cables in order to connect to either a camcorder or VCR. My VCR only has the coax connection and 1 SCART so I have connected them to a scart adapter with input for red white and yellow RCA on one side and the other into SCART socket on the back of the VCR. I am trying to convert my old VHS tapes to DVD using this device but with everything connected and the Software installed - Cyberlink PowerProducer and PowerDirector or Windows Movie Maker it displays a black screen (no picture) when I choose options for capture video. I have checked all the cables are working and have tried on two seperate pc's to no avail. I also even tried a similar device called Easy Cap to no avail. Am I missing something here or should it work? I have tried with a camcorder by connecting the RCA to the KWorld DVD Maker and I can successfully edit the video from that but when I connect the VCR I get nothing. Any help would be appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ok, you have verified the card's input by using a second device to test. Good. This should have been done first before moving the card to another PC.

Follow the same strategy with the other end of the equation. Connect the VCR yellow cable output to a TV or camcorder and verify it is working. You may need to change a menu setting on the VCR to enable that output.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ULscot View Post
    I have connected them to a scart adapter
    If you are talking about a SCART to RCA adapter....many of those are ONE WAY(they only carry a signal in one direction).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the quick replies. I will try looking for a menu on the VCR and also connect the yellow RCA cable as mentioned. I wondered if I need a new VCR with RCA output and inputs instead of a scart connection?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Found a menu on the VCR and changed around all the settings to no avail. I tested the yellow RCA cable to a camcorder and it works fine but nothing when connected with VCR. Do I need a new VCR with RCA outputs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Did you look to see if your SCART to RCA cable is directional?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Thank you for your help. I got it working! I needed a SCART adapter with RCA outputs and an IN OUT switch set to OUT. Now the VCR displays on the PC ready for editing!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ULscot View Post
    Hi,

Thank you for your help. I got it working! I needed a SCART adapter with RCA outputs and an IN OUT switch set to OUT. Now the VCR displays on the PC ready for editing!
    Awesome.
    As soon as you said that the camcorder could be seen(since camcorders have no SCART connection) I was certain that was your problem. I now have my SCART to RCA and SCART to S-Video cables labeled so I know which direction they run. "Been there - done that".
    Quote Quote