VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. "Sintel" is an independently produced short film, initiated by the Blender Foundation as a means to further improve and validate the free/open source 3D creation suite Blender. With initial funding provided by 1000s of donations via the internet community, it has again proven to be a viable development model for both open 3D technology as for independent animation film.
    This 15 minute film has been realized in the studio of the Amsterdam Blender Institute, by an international team of artists and developers. In addition to that, several crucial technical and creative targets have been realized online, by developers and artists and teams all over the world.

Download a high quality copy here:
    www.sintel.org

Or watch it on Youtube:

Last edited by tin2tin; 1st Oct 2010 at 01:19.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The download link you posted is broken. However sintel.org works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm going to try to watch this, not as "entertainment", but as a showcase of what Blender can achieve. (It looks pretty dumb story-wise, but visually stunning!)...

I'm really looking forward to the next Blender project, codename "Mango", which will use live actors! This will no doubt put a lot of needed focus on Blender's Video Sequence Editor! I can't wait for that!
    Quote Quote