VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi i got the script avs from doom 9 forum power of Avisynth
    i have tweaked the setting to my liking but i have 1 problem i dont know how to change the framerate on the script? i tried editing the framerate thing on the script but it just shows 18fps when it should be 29.970 fps.

so all i need is a quick help on this matter, i even tried loading the script on virtual dub and change the fps there but when i play the video its slow motion?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Something is wrong with your script. Or you are using it in an inappropriate way. Post the script and someone will look at it. Some general frame rate info:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/319418-I-need-to-convert-24p-to-30p-fps-please-help...=1#post1977605
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Something is wrong with your script. Or you are using it in an inappropriate way. Post the script and someone will look at it. Some general frame rate info:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/319418-I-need-to-convert-24p-to-30p-fps-please-help...=1#post1977605
    here is my script

HTML Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\AddGrainC.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\AGC.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\autolevels.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\deflicker.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\DePan.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\DePanEstimate.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\LimitedSupport_09Jan06B.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\mt_masktools.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\mvtools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\mvtools.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\RemoveGrain.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\warpsharp.dll")
    Import("C:\Documents and Settings\King\Desktop\Plugins\limitedSharpenFaster.avs")

# film restoration script by videoFred.
    # denoising, resizing, stabilising, sharpening, auto-levels and auto-white balance.
    # this script needs progressive input and no duplicate frames
    #====================================================================================

film="C:\Users\king\Desktop\hbh.avi"
     # you must specify the full path of your source file here

#GENERAL PARAMETERS
    #----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    result="result3" # specify the wanted output here 

trim_begin=90  trim_end=6   play_speed=18   #trim frames and play speed (PAL: 16.6666 or 18.75)

numerator= 18  #numerator for the interpolator (final frame rate)
    denumerator= 1 #denumerator  example: 60000/1001= 59.94fps

#COLOR AND LEVELS PARAMATERS
    #----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    saturation=0.8   #for all outputs

gamma=0.8 # for all outputs 

blue= -0  red=0  #manual color adjustment, when returning result3. Values can be positive or negative

AGC_max_sat=0.8 AGC_max_gain=2.8  #improves shadows and colors, for all outputs

black_level=0  white_level=255 output_black=0  output_white=255 # manual levels, when returning result4

#SIZE, CROP AND BORDERS PARAMETERS
    CLeft=20  CTop=20  CRight=20  CBottom=20  #crop values after Depan and before final resizing 

W=768  H=576 #final size after cropping 

bord_left=0  bord_top=0  bord_right=0  bord_bot=0  #720p= borders 150

#STABILISING PARAMETERS
    maxstabH=20 
    maxstabV=20 #maximum values for the stabiliser (in pixels) 20 is a good start value

est_left=20   est_top=20  est_right=20  est_bottom=20  est_cont=1.0  #crop and contast values for special Estimate clip

#DENOISING PARAMETERS
    PRE_sharp_ness= 80   PRE_radi_us= 3  #presharpening (UnsharpMask) before any denoising

denoising_strenght=400  #denoising level of first denoiser: MVDegrainMulti() 
    denoising_frames= 3  #number of frames for averaging (forwards and backwards) 3 is a good start value
    block_size= 16  #block size of MVDegrainMulti()
    block_over= 8  #block overlapping of MVDegrainMulti()

second_denoising_strenght= 300 #denoising level of second denoiser: MDegrain1()

over_lay= 0.4 # mix back from the original grain over the denoised picture, only when returning result6

#TWO STEP SHARPENING PARAMETERS
    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LSF_sharp_ness=10 LSF_radi_us=1  LSF_sub=1.5 #first sharpening parameters (LimitedSharpenFaster) sub=subsampling

USM_sharp_ness2= 10    USM_radi_us2=1  USM_thres_hold2=0  #second sharpening parameters (UnsharpMask)

#AUTO LEVELS PARAMETER
    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    X=4   # X is a special parameter for reducing the autolevels effect on the whites
    X2=4  # X2 is a special parameter for reducing the autolevels effest on the blacks 

#DIGITAL GRAIN PARAMETERS
    grain_luma=0  grain_chroma=0 # this will add some digital grain to the final result, set it to zero if you do not want it.

# END VARIABLES, BEGIN SCRIPT
    #=================================================================================================================================

SetMemoryMax(800)  #set this to 1/3 of the available memory

## the needed plugins:
    #-----------------------
    Loadplugin("Depan.dll")
    LoadPlugin("Deflicker.dll")
    LoadPlugin("DepanEstimate.dll")
    LoadPlugin("AGC.dll")
    LoadPlugin("MVTools.dll")
    LoadPlugin("MVTools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("autolevels.dll")
    LoadPlugin("AddGrainC.dll")

## needed to use limitedsharpenfaster():
    #---------------------------------------

LoadPlugIn("LimitedSupport_09Jan06B.dll")
    Loadplugin("mt_masktools.dll")
    Loadplugin("warpsharp.dll")
    Loadplugin("removegrain.dll")

source1= Avisource(film).assumefps(play_speed).trim(trim_begin,0).converttoYV12()

#STABILIZING
    #....................................................................................................................................................................
    stab_reference= source1.crop(est_left,est_top,-est_right,-est_bottom).tweak(cont=est_cont).MT_binarize(threshold=80).greyscale().invert()

mdata=DePanEstimate(stab_reference,trust=1.0,dxmax=maxstabH,dymax=maxstabV)
    stab=DePanStabilize(source1,data=mdata,cutoff=0.5,dxmax=maxstabH,dymax=maxstabV,method=1,mirror=15)
    stab2= stab.crop(CLeft,CTop,-CRight,-CBottom).deflicker(border=20)
    stab3=DePanStabilize(source1,data=mdata,cutoff=0.5,dxmax=maxstabH,dymax=maxstabV,method=1,info=true)

WS= width(stab)
    HS= height(stab)
    stab4= stab3.addborders(10,10,10,10,$B1B1B1).Lanczos4Resize(WS,HS)
    stab5= Lanczos4Resize(stab2,W,H).sharpen(0.00)

#DENOISING
    #...................................................................................................................................................................

pref= stab2.blur(0.49).blur(1.58).tweak(sat=1.8)
    noise_baseclip= stab2.sharpen(0.00).unsharpmask(PRE_sharp_ness,PRE_radi_us,0).coloryuv(off_U=blue,off_V=red).tweak(sat=saturation)

vectors= pref.MVAnalyseMulti(refframes=denoising_frames, pel=2, blksize=block_size, overlap=block_over, idx=1)
    denoised= noise_baseclip.MVDegrainMulti(vectors, thSAD=denoising_strenght, SadMode=1, idx=1)

#HDRAGC
    #...................................................................................................................................................................

leveled= denoised.HDRAGC(coef_gain=1.0,max_gain=AGC_max_gain,min_gain=0.5,max_sat=AGC_max_sat,shadows=true)

#SHARPENING
    sharp1=limitedSharpenFaster(leveled,smode=1,strength=LSF_sharp_ness,overshoot=10,radius=LSF_radi_us, ss_X=LSF_sub, SS_Y=LSF_sub, dest_x=W,dest_y=H)

super= sharp1.MSuper(pel=2)
    backward_vec= MAnalyse([url=https://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER]super[/url],blksize=block_size, overlap=block_over, isb=true)
    forward_vec= MAnalyse([url=https://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER]super[/url],blksize=block_size, overlap=block_over, isb= false)

denoised2= sharp1.MDegrain1(super, backward_vec,forward_vec,thSAD= second_denoising_strenght)

interpolated= denoised2.MFlowFps(super, backward_vec, forward_vec, num=numerator, den= denumerator, ml=100)

sharp3= unsharpmask(interpolated,USM_sharp_ness2,USM_radi_us2,USM_thres_hold2).addgrainC(grain_luma,grain_chroma,0.2,0.2,5)

#RESULT1: AUTOLEVELS,AUTOWHITE
    #......................................................................................................................................................................
    result1= sharp3.coloryuv(autowhite=true).addborders(X,0,0,0,$FFFFFF).addborders(0,0,X2,0,$000000).levels(0,gamma,255,0,255).autolevels().crop(X,0,-X2,-0).addborders(bord_left, bord_top, bord_right, bord_bot)

#RESULT2: MANUAL LEVELS, AUTOWHITE
    #......................................................................................................................................................................
    result2= sharp3.levels(black_level,gamma,white_level,0,255).coloryuv(autowhite=true).addborders(bord_left, bord_top, bord_right, bord_bot)

#RESULT3: AUTOLEVELS, MANUAL COLOR CORRECTIONS
    #.....................................................................................................................................................................
    result3= sharp3.levels(47,gamma,255,0,255).addborders(X,0,0,0,$FFFFFF).addborders(0,0,X2,0,$000000).autolevels().crop(X,0,-X2,-0).addborders(bord_left, bord_top, bord_right, bord_bot)#.changefps(59.94)

#RESULT4: MANUAL LEVELS, MANUAL COLOR CORRECTIONS
    #.....................................................................................................................................................................
    result4= sharp3.coloryuv(off_U=blue,off_V=red).levels(black_level,gamma,white_level,0,255).addborders(bord_left, bord_top, bord_right, bord_bot)

#RESULT5: SPECIAL SERVICE CLIP FOR RESULT 7
    result5= overlay(source1,stab_reference,x=est_left,y=est_top).addborders(2,2,2,2,$FFFFFF).Lanczos4Resize(WS,HS)

#RESULT6: OVERLAY: RESULT3 OVER THE (STABILIZED)ORIGINAL
    #.......................................................................................................................................................
    result6= overlay(result3,stab5,opacity=over_lay).addborders(X,0,0,0,$FFFFFF).addborders(0,0,X2,0,$000000).autolevels().crop(X,0,-X2,-0).addborders(bord_left, bord_top, bord_right, bord_bot)#.changefps(59.94)

#PARAMETERS FOR THE COMPARISONS
    W2= W+bord_left+bord_right
    H2= H+bord_top+bord_bot

#source2=Lanczos4Resize(source1,W2,H2)
    #source3=Lanczos4Resize(source1,W,H)
    final_framerate= numerator/denumerator
    source4=Lanczos4Resize(source1,W2,H2).changeFPS(final_framerate)

#COMPARISONS: ORIGINAL VS RESULTS
    resultS1= stackhorizontal(subtitle(source4,"original",size=28,align=2),subtitle(result1,"autolevels, autowhite",size=28,align=2))
    resultS2= stackhorizontal(subtitle(source4,"original",size=28,align=2),subtitle(result2,"autowhite, manual levels correction",size=28,align=2))
    resultS3= stackhorizontal(subtitle(source4,"original",size=28,align=2),subtitle(result3,"processed: deflickered, degrained, sharpened etc..",size=28,align=2))
    resultS4= stackhorizontal(subtitle(source4,"original",size=28,align=2),subtitle(result4,"manual colors and levels correction",size=28,align=2))
    resultS6= stackhorizontal(subtitle(source4,"original",size=28,align=2),subtitle(result6,"overlay: result3 over original",size=28,align=2))

#SPECIAL COMPARISON CLIP FOR TESTING THE STABILIZER
    #.........................................................................................................................................................................
    result7= stackhorizontal(subtitle(result5,"baseclip for stabiliser -only the B/W clip is used",size=32,align=2),subtitle(stab4,"test stabiliser: dx=horizontal, dy=vertical",size=32,align=5))

Eval(result)

Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by kopmjj View Post
    #GENERAL PARAMETERS

trim_begin=90 trim_end=6 play_speed=18 #trim frames and play speed (PAL: 16.6666 or 18.75)

numerator= 18 #numerator for the interpolator (final frame rate)
    denumerator= 1 #denumerator example: 60000/1001= 59.94fps
    You can't just take and copy his script. I believe he developed his for the restoration of 18fps 16mm film. You'll have to adapt it for your own source. I believe his 'numerator' setting controls the final framerate. But don't take it from me because I have no interest in this sort of thing. Do your own testing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by kopmjj View Post
    #GENERAL PARAMETERS

trim_begin=90 trim_end=6 play_speed=18 #trim frames and play speed (PAL: 16.6666 or 18.75)

numerator= 18 #numerator for the interpolator (final frame rate)
    denumerator= 1 #denumerator example: 60000/1001= 59.94fps
    You can't just take and copy his script. I believe he developed his for the restoration of 18fps 16mm film. You'll have to adapt it for your own source. I believe his 'numerator' setting controls the final framerate. But don't take it from me because I have no interest in this sort of thing. Do your own testing.

yeh i changed the following
    #GENERAL PARAMETERS

trim_begin=0 trim_end=0 play_speed=18 #trim frames and play speed (PAL: 16.6666 or 18.75)

numerator= 30000 #numerator for the interpolator (final frame rate)
    denumerator= 1001 #denumerator example: 60000/1001= 59.94fps

then i done the following i think it worked
    To disable the interpolation completely:
    ----------------------------------------
    delete the code line "interpolated= denoised2.MFlowFps etc....."
    and change this: "sharp3= unsharpmask(denoised2,USM etc..."

With interpolation disabled frame rate convertion can be done in Avisynth with "changeFPS()"
    But any NLE will do this in the time line too.
    Quote Quote