VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    My friend sent me a .rar video but I could not play it. Do you know how to play it? In addition, I wonder how to compress the video to the RAR file?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You to extract it from the .rar archive using winrar

You can compress files using winrar to .rar as well

Another free alternative to winrar is 7-zip
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    WinRar or 7Zip should be able to handle it. You would need to decompress it before playback. They can also create a .rar archive, I believe.
    Quote Quote  
  4. VLC media player can play most videos while they are in a RAR archive. Try using VLC to play the RAR.

-drjtech
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    People, please take a look at coody's recent posts. Has it never occurred to you guys that

1) He may be lazy and unwilling to do any work on his own? How difficult is it to look up RAR in Google? Really.
    2) He may be incurably stupid (see his other recent posts).
    3) He may just be a troll who is wasting your time.

I'm voting for number 3, but it could be one of the others.

The more you guys respond to nonsense from him and people like jimdagys, the more it encourages them to keep doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on their own to get answers. Seriously - are you REALLY helping people who are unwilling to use Google, Yahoo, etc. when you let them know that someone else will do all their work to answer these questions? I've got better things to do than answer this type of stuff.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Go buy a Mac.

That'll work.
    (Or maybe it'll just waste some of your money for wasting my time? Fair trade?)
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://dziobas-rar-player.software.informer.com/download/

Maybe the most interesting feature of this free video player, is that if you are downloading a rar file that contains a video, you will be able to watch it without the need of downloading the complete file.

There are times when you want to download a movie or video from Internet, but the video file is too big, it is usually compressed and saved as a rar file. So when you start downloading it, normally you have to wait until the download is complete in order to watch it on your favorite video player. But, if you are a little curious and impatient (like me), and you want to watch at least the first scenes of the video, now with this nice video player, it's possible. All you have to do is to copy the video url and paste it on the "Open URL" option, and that's all.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    I've got better things to do than answer this type of stuff.
    But you just did. And I will remind you that those type of personal comments about other members are not welcome here.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    But you just did. And I will remind you that those type of personal comments about other members are not welcome here.

Moderator redwudz
    Seriously though..... it's like a continuous bad episode of the twilight zone
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I second redwudz regarding the correct behaviour that we all must have.

And actually, this question is very valid:
    For example, you have a .rar file on a USB memory stick and you wish to playback it on your eeepc 701 surf.
    Also, it can be very usefull to check what you downloading.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SatStorm
    And actually, this question is very valid:
    For example, you have a .rar file on a USB memory stick and you wish to playback it on your eeepc 701 surf.
    Also, it can be very usefull to check what you downloading.
    Huh, i never realized winrar files were a valid video format 8)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, but there are times you may wish to play videofiles "compressed" on zip / rar.

For example, when I send a small video with MSN to someone else, it's better to send it inside a "rar" archive.
    The other may like to play it direct and then delete it. Why to recompress it? Waste of time.

I can think of many other uses.

It happens you know. It's not about valid video formats, it's about valid questions
    And this one is valid!
    Quote Quote