VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    The method I tend to follow for ripping content off DVDs is DVD Decrypter in IFO mode, pulling out per PGC. There isn't a way to grab a whole VTS that I can see.

The method I use is this one, more or less: http://www.digitalfaq.com/guides/video/edit-dvd-recorder.htm

Problem is I have some discs with like 20+ PGCs of no more than 1-2 minutes each, in each VTS. It's crazy. I need to grab the whole thing -- otherwise I'll be forced to rip each PGC, then merge all of the files in an editor.

Does anybody know of an easier way?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well vob2mpg will do this in vobset mode - but it will do the whole vts without you being able to omit stuff. Not sure if that is 100% what you want.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's close enough -- I'd much rather remove some things I don't want, instead of rip 20+ PGCs and re-merge 18-19 of them. I have to edit it anyway.

Maybe a feature to consider adding? VOBset minus unwanted chapters/PGCs ?

Thanks much for replying.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    File mode ?

Either that or create a batch file to do it for you - I use this for Episodic DVDs all the time:
    Code:
    "c:\program files\dvd decrypter\dvddecrypter.exe" /MODE IFO /SRC F: /DEST "D:\Ripped" /VTS 7 /PGC 15 /SPLIT NONE /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\dvd decrypter\dvddecrypter.exe" /MODE IFO /SRC F: /DEST "D:\Ripped" /VTS 7 /PGC 36 /SPLIT NONE /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\dvd decrypter\dvddecrypter.exe" /MODE IFO /SRC F: /DEST "D:\Ripped" /VTS 7 /PGC 70 /SPLIT NONE /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\dvd decrypter\dvddecrypter.exe" /MODE IFO /SRC F: /DEST "D:\Ripped" /VTS 7 /PGC 94 /SPLIT NONE /START /CLOSE
    This will do PGCs 15, 36, 70 & 94 in VTS 7. All you need to do is copy and paste the entire line and adjust the numbers to suit.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Been awhile since I've used it, but DoItFast4U has this method. Might be a bit more than what your looking for though.
    Anyone else remember this program? The big3, good times

Took me a while to locate a download -
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DoItFast4U.htm
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It should also be in our tools list.

DoItFast4U

edit: I had deleted it...but it's back now.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    File mode ?

Either that or create a batch file to do it for you - I use this for Episodic DVDs all the time:
    Code:
    "c:\program files\dvd decrypter\dvddecrypter.exe" /MODE IFO /SRC F: /DEST "D:\Ripped" /VTS 7 /PGC 15 /SPLIT NONE /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\dvd decrypter\dvddecrypter.exe" /MODE IFO /SRC F: /DEST "D:\Ripped" /VTS 7 /PGC 36 /SPLIT NONE /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\dvd decrypter\dvddecrypter.exe" /MODE IFO /SRC F: /DEST "D:\Ripped" /VTS 7 /PGC 70 /SPLIT NONE /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\dvd decrypter\dvddecrypter.exe" /MODE IFO /SRC F: /DEST "D:\Ripped" /VTS 7 /PGC 94 /SPLIT NONE /START /CLOSE
    This will do PGCs 15, 36, 70 & 94 in VTS 7. All you need to do is copy and paste the entire line and adjust the numbers to suit.
    Stashing that reply... Good stuff, thanks! Never realized you could use dvddcrypter in command line mode. I've only had to get more than one (and only two at that) PGC a few times. This'll be helpful if it ever comes up!
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote