VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all. I have 2 DVDs which I ripped with DVDShrink. I reauthored the chapters which I want to keep and put on 1 DVD. Everything seems to work and burns ok. But, when I stick it into a drive it just doesn't run, like there is no autoload/autoplay. I can access it from Windows Explorer, but that doesn't help if I want to play it in the minivan. Anyone have an idea? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What did you burn the DVD with?....what program?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    But what happens when you start the software dvd player? and press play? because autoplay in windows is something else...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hech54 - I used MOVAVI. It's worked for burning movies from one DVD rip, but this is the first time I've tried merging 2 to 1.

Baldrick - I use WinDVD to play back the DVD, you know the program would actually open when the DVD is inserted but then nothing plays. I press the play button and nothing happens.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    articaine - You have made a very common new member mistake. You think the less you say, the more likely you are to get help. In fact, it's actually the opposite.

Since you have provided no details of any kind on what you did other than a vague statement about using DVDShrink to "reauthor", we have no way to know if what you did is even correct. Give a lot more details about exactly what you did if you want help. Basically your DVD won't play because you did something wrong, but it's impossible to know what. Also, again harping on the "Not enough info" theme, you first post that you used DVDShrink and then you say that you used MOVAVI. Getting your story straight and posting the correct details is always helpful if you really want help.

DVDShrink is a poor choice for ripping as it hasn't been updated in years to deal with newer copy protection methods. Since you live in the USA, eventually you will have to switch to another ripper like AnyDVD or DVDFab HD Decrypter if you ever try to rip a DVD that uses those methods.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And continuing in that theme, we don't even know how you burned the disc. Given how little detail you've provided, we can't even preclude the possibility that you burned the disc as a data disc, rather than as a DVD.

Please provide details. Otherwise it's just a waste of everyone's time.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What part of reauthor in DVD Shrink don't you understand? I pulled the chapters I want to burn to the RE-authored DVD Panel. To give specifics
    1. start DVD Shrink
    2. Open Disk
    3. there is a button called Re-author
    4. pull title from Main Movie to Re-authored DVD side
    5. then Backup to destination with filename that I named LP1 and then LP2
    6. go back to DVD shrink and goto the Open Files and select LP1
    7. goto DVD Browser in Re-author mode and drag Title to Re-authored DVD side
    8. still in the same mode, search and selct 2nd file- LP2 and drag to Re-authored DVD side
    9. then Backup both files under a new title -> MOVIE
    10. open burner, Movavi, select create DVD
    11. add file MOVIE and start burning

The movies are a Fisher Price claymation called Little People for my kids, so DVD Shrink is just fine for what i am ripping/ burning. The software or hardware isn't the issue, as I've ripped and burned movies using these before within the past 6 months. The only different variable is Windows Vista instead of XP and trying to get 2 DVDs instead of 1. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by articaine
    What part of reauthor in DVD Shrink don't you understand?
    Okay dipshit!!!

What part of
    Originally Posted by hech54
    What did you burn the DVD with?....what program?
    Did YOU NOT understand ??

Or what part of
    Originally Posted by jman98
    DVDShrink is a poor choice for ripping as it hasn't been updated in years to deal with newer copy protection methods.
    Did YOU NOT understand ??

Fucktards like you should get an INSTANT ban!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Step 10 is where you went stray. Don't do that.
    Burn the folder set made by DVD Shrink with ImgBurn.

Do you now see why you must give more details?

Come now Noah, don't be too defensive now.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your help Lordsmurf - it works.

jman98 and tomlee59 - useless

noahtuck - more like noahfuck
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you just had mentioned that you used the crappy MOVAVI directly this would be solved directly.....
    Quote Quote