VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    can anyone explain this to me please?

if i recorded something on my sont hd camcorder, would outputing a recording via a hd camcorder's port be necessarily inferior in quality compared to using the hdmi output?

i think im right in saying that just because i plan to use the composite output, this doesn't mean its not true hd quality?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You won't see much difference between HD component and HDMI. Composite will be standard definition, much lower quality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have a free hdmi port use a hdmi cable for the best quality your camera offers.

Just don't use composite (rca cables - the one with the yellow video cable) as that will be the lowest sd quality as jagabo mentioned.

Component should be OK but not perfect. However if your camera is 1080i and not 1080p you may not notice much difference between component and hdmi (component has the three video cables plus the two audio cables).

Your best bet is to use hdmi if you have it. Component will be accesptable though.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If this is a HDV camcorder it is recording at 1440x1080. There will hardly be any difference between DVI and component connections.
    Quote Quote