VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,

I just bought a Sony DCR-SR45 camcorder. I have been recording short videos on an Olympus digital camera and stringing them together using Quicktime Pro. I'm looking for a way to easily do the same thing with the videos from my new camcorder.

Right now, I can download the video files via the USB port, but they won't play in RealPlayer or Windows Media Player. So I installed the "Picture Motion Browser" software that came with the camera and I can import and play the files there, but I don't think I can do much editing. The

I have looked at the Pinnacle Studio software and it says that it can handle the MPEG format, but I have also picked up on the fact that not all MPEG's are the same. Will Pinnacle Studio do the job, or is there another wasier/cheaper way?

Thanks!

Jodi
    Quote Quote  
  2. You may just need an MPEG2 decoder. Try this one:

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/GPL_MPEG-1_2_Decoder

Pinnacle Studio has a bad reputation around here. The latest release may better than the old buggy ones -- now that Avid has taken over the product.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are looking to buy an editor, look at Sony Vegas Movie Studio. You get a 30 day trial with the camera.

You can probably use FFD Show to get playback in WMP, or use VLC or The KM Player instead of WMP (yech) or Real Player (double-yech, vomit, cut off my limbs but don't make me use it, dear God).
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for both replies. I downloaded the KM player and it works very well. I am also going to download the trial copy of Sony Vegas Movie Studio and try it out.

Thanks!

--Jodi
    Quote Quote