VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I hope someone can help with this.

I use a standalone Mini-DVC VCR. It has audio dubbing features. I use it to try and improve audio on old music videos, mainly Beatles :O)

When I am done inserting and synching new audio, I now have 2 seperate audio tracks on the DVC tape called "audio1" and "audio2" I can then playback the original audio or the new (dubbed) audio. All great until I try and transfer the work to my PC using Firewire. I open up Sony Vegas pro 8 and go to capture, then bingo I can see the video and hear the sound from "audio1" only. It gives me no option of selecting "audio2" or even better capturing both audio tracks at the same time. I don't want to Mix the two tracks, I want to import both sets of audio with the video, or at least be able to select audio 1 or 2. I tyred selecting the output on the DVC VCR, but when you use firewire your options are limited.

Thanks in advance for any help

J
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jerry1964
    Hello,

I hope someone can help with this.

I use a standalone Mini-DVC VCR. It has audio dubbing features. I use it to try and improve audio on old music videos, mainly Beatles :O)

When I am done inserting and synching new audio, I now have 2 seperate audio tracks on the DVC tape called "audio1" and "audio2" I can then playback the original audio or the new (dubbed) audio. All great until I try and transfer the work to my PC using Firewire. I open up Sony Vegas pro 8 and go to capture, then bingo I can see the video and hear the sound from "audio1" only. It gives me no option of selecting "audio2" or even better capturing both audio tracks at the same time. I don't want to Mix the two tracks, I want to import both sets of audio with the video, or at least be able to select audio 1 or 2. I tyred selecting the output on the DVC VCR, but when you use firewire your options are limited.

Thanks in advance for any help

J
    Most DV decks or camcorders have a switch or mix control in the menus. You will need a separate capture pass for the second audio track. If all you have is a mix control, set it to 100% audio 1 for the first pass and 100% audio 2 for the second.

Some consumer decks are limited to audio 1 over IEEE-1394. In that case, you would cap audio2 from the analog connectors.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the fast reply. Ok I understand you can't transfer both audio 1 and 2 at the same time(via firewire), but when using capture software, it should give you the choice between the two. I have a stand-alone Sony DVD recorder, and when you connect a camcorder to it, it has a drop-down menu with the option of recording audio 1 or 2 with the firewire!. This way you can get a digital transfer of either audio track. It has to be a software issue, since it worked with these two pieces of hardware. Anyone have capture software that allows you to choose what audio track you want to capture via firewire. I find it hard to believe the stand-alone sony has more capture options than $1000.00 software??

J
    Quote Quote