VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Thinking of buying a AIW 7500 - Anyone know if there is any difference/improvement in the capture quality compared to the AIW128?
    Any other thoughts or opinions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is NO DIfference other than the MMC7.6 software (which will work with the AIW128 / 128 PRO). Both cards use the same Tuner / Capture chips. Difference is in the PC Graphics chip only.

MMC7.6 Does a better job at capture BTW.

I have an AIW 128 PRO and am using MMC7.6 now - works great. Like the seemless capture which automatically breaks up capture into smaller files and you can set the file size to anything you want.
    Rob
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ratt794:
    I see you are using MMC 7.6 - did you also install the updated capture drivers? If so I was wondering if you stopped being able to capture audio in VirtualDub.

Ignore this question if you don't use VirtualDub.

Regards,
    Drak
    Quote Quote  
  4. As far as I know the capture drivers are part of MMC7.6. I am still using the video driver for the PC part of the card as before. MMC runs the Tuner / Capture part of the card.

I don't use virtual dub - tried it one and did not like it.
    Rob
    Quote Quote  
  5. i am still using 7.1 and seems ok with me, but i wonder if it's worth upgrading....

can you tell me why 7.1 is better than 7.6?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well you know the old saw - if its not broke...

However, if I were only using MMC then I would upgrade to 7.6 as I've heard several people comment that it captures better then 7.5. If you download it from ATI's web site the capture drivers are a separate download and install (which I did). But I am concerned that the new version restored an incompatibility with my preferred capture software, unfortunately I have not had time to test (I sometimes have to work on projects that actually generate income).

Drak
    Quote Quote