VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. DVD-R are notoriously bad at the outer edge and it would be a nice idea in avi processing if we could specify Maximum alowed size for dvd5 and dvd9

Currently i am dragging a dummy avi in then the real avi file then i remove the dummy avi. This forces the program to leave some space at the end of the dvd.

I am wondering is this available in an Ini type file or registry key somewhere

All the best - love this proggy :¬):¬)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Add a string value called:

DVDSIZESAFTYMARGIN

to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Badger I.T.\SVCD2DVD 2.0

and give it a value in MB. This value is the space which is used as the saftey margin. The default is 50 which is why when you fire up S2D you start with 50 in the DVD capacity gauge. Try 250 for example & S2D will use 4370-250=4120 to fit your avi conversion in.

Hope this makes sense.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Many thanks ChrissyBoy :¬)
    Just what I was after :¬)
    Byeeeee
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The last option on the Settings>General tab calls for using DVD Shrink to shrink to fit. I'm assuming S2D uses my settings (4400 max) I have chosen in DVD Shrink, and if I did not have DVD Shrink installed on my system, it would not be an option.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The DVDSIZESAFTYMARGIN is just what i want, the prob is i cannot find the correct string in the registry to edit, can someone pse help

cheers eddy
    Quote Quote  
  6. You did note that CB's post says to
    Add a string value called:
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry, must learn to read i put the string in, does it change the main screen form 50 MB to what has been set in the amended string ? thanks
    Quote Quote