VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all!

I need a bit of help with my AviSynth script I guess. The thing is I'm trying to insert some subtitles in my source video and the source video is a little weird; It's a WMV9 in an .avi container @ 119,88fps. Now this is the script that I use:

Code:
    LoadPlugin("DGDecode.dll")
    AVISource("C:\file\file.avi")
    ChangeFPS(23.976) 
    LoadPlugin("VSFilter.dll")
    TextSub ("subs.ass")
    And when I load this script in TMPGEnc, I get this error:
    Code:
     AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc WMV3
    What's wrong here? By the looks of it the codec is missing, but the video plays normally when I simply play it in BSPlayer (or any player for that matter) and I can also edit the video using TMPGEnc normally if I don't use AviSynth. Then just to be sure it's not a codec problem I started G-Spot and looked at the video codec there and it said codecs installed.

Please help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Two possibilities:

1) Install the "WMV9 Video Compression Manager"
    (I suppose AVISource requires it for opening wmv-in-avi);

2) Try DirectShowSource instead of AVISource;

HTH.

P.S.:
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("DGDecode.dll")
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you! Installing the WMV9 VCM did it! Well at least I thing it did it. I'm going to try to encode the video right now .

Thank you for your help!

As for the plugin; this script was provided by some guy working in a fansub group so I really don't know what the plugins are all for but heres the explanation I found;

DGDecode is today's fastest way to frameserve MPEG-1/2 video to any video encoder via AviSynth. DGDecode and AviSynth 2.x allow the video to stay in the video's native colorspace, so you won't incurr quality loss and speed loss due to unnecessary conversions (unlike VFAPI, which converts everything to RGB and the encoder coverts it back to YV12).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, but you aren't trying to open an MPEG-1/2 video. This particular script doesn't need it, although it doesn't do any harm.
    Quote Quote