VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the HDCP hack linked here at Videohelp? ie has anyone successfully used it? Read a post at another site where it had locked a guys player up, but that could just have been operator error.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well... it didn't give me 1080i over component. When I play a disc. my HDTV changes from 1080i to 480p. I used the February 13, 2006 firmware and hack of 935.bin.
    Bring back Union Projectionist!
    Stop in-theatre commercials before the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The firmware hack works 100%
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies to this old post. I too had good luck with the hacked firmware ie it did upconvert protected discs to 1080i, however now I'm using a newer firmware that corrects the vertical compression in 2.35:1 ratio DVD's, and it doesn't upconvert. I also picked up the OPPO 980, a really great player. Only issue is it has some incorrect aspect ratio flagging(only noticable when zooming, ex a nonanamorphic widescreen DVD to fit a 16X9 TV), but OPPO has promised to fix that in a new firmware.
    Also, OPPO has a new player coming out this quarter, the 983. Rumor has it being the last SD player before they tackle the HD formats. Rumor's also show it using an Anchor Bay chip, supposedly the same one that's in the Toshiba HD-A35.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It seems when I play protected content it switches from 1080i to 480p. One uprotected disc did play at 1080i. So, I guess my question is if I should try an earlier version of software, beta or not, and try the hack again?
    Bring back Union Projectionist!
    Stop in-theatre commercials before the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kinopanorama
    It seems when I play protected content it switches from 1080i to 480p. One uprotected disc did play at 1080i. So, I guess my question is if I should try an earlier version of software, beta or not, and try the hack again?
    I always use burned dvds and they all upconvert via component video.
    Quote Quote