VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey All

I have a concert DVD that is authored already.No...Its not an official release...I have an extra song clip I found that fits after a certain chapter on DVD....I want to keep existing menu and chapters but add this one somewhere in the middle....Can this be done??? I started reading up on DVDREMAKE pro that can maybe do this ...... Can it be done with this app???......

Please help

Thank you

Guy
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alex_ander
    Thx alot I will try that
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by radikal
    Originally Posted by Alex_ander
    Thx alot I will try that
    By looking at this method it appears you can only add a chapter from the DVD...

What I was looking for is adding an external clip to an existing DVD without having to change menus and all...Being able say to add my external clip to DVd afetr a certain chapter???

I have an extra song clip that is not on that DVD and thats what Im trying to do is add my clip to that authored DVD without having to change existing menu layouts .....

Can that be done?????

Thx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I mistakenly thought you meant an extra chapter point (missed the word 'clip' while reading ). Then it's a different thing and not as simple. If you want to place it in the middle and take it from another DVD, then the new clip should have the same streams as the main video, otherwise e.g. audio for imported clip will be disabled. You can do it by highlighting the PGC in DVD tree and adding a block in 'programs' tab. At selecting 'add block' from right-click menu an empty cell will be created in the same program after highlighted cell. Then you import another source as second project. In main project right-click on created new empty cell and select 'replace block'. Then browse for the block from the second project (representing your new clip) and hit OK. You will probably have to prepare that block by splitting cell(s) for your clip. This can be done in preview window for 2 positions of time slider (right-click + 'split here').
    If you get error message due to different streams at block replacement, then the only reliable way to add it is to put it in a separate title set and edit navigation for playing it in the end or make it first play (the most simple).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thx alot Alexander

I will attempt a go at it and hope for the best...

Thx
    Quote Quote