VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking for someone to answer a question for me about Transformers the animated movie. I just saw a few minutes of the 20th Anniversary Edition, and it had an 80's pop rock soundtrack. I don't remember that being in it when I saw it when I was kid, but that was about 20yrs ago. Does anyone remember if it had that soundtrack, or was that something they added later to some the dvd editions?
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
  2. It existed.

I have the soundtrack.

Check out this link.
    http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B00000I01C
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  3. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Well then.....I must say, that sort of ruins the movie for me....Also, on the scene I saw I think it was Spike. He clearly said "shit" I almost fell off my seat....haha.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, that horrid music is original to the movie.
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
  5. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm just confused why they thought it needed a soundtrack.....The series had no soundtrack and that did just fine. Movie Execs.......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I thought the soundtrack was and is one of the best ever produced! Who can not simply love all the quasi-metal hair bands filling that disc?

So nice, I bought it twice (album, then CD).

The opening theme alone is a million times better than the one for the current movie.

Who (besides Denver Dawgs) could forget "The Touch"? with accompanying video
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "The Touch" makes me want to puke violently.
    The only good song from that movie is "Dare to be Stupid".
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I don't care what anyone says, I have and like the TF soundtrack as I had bought it several years ago and "The Touch" is one of my favs.

That tune was best in that fighting scene in the movie with Prime going against Megatron....that was the best scene for that song. Who knows I may do a music video myself along those lines.

I was 10 years old when the movie first came out as I remembered the trailer that showed on TV. The VHS version that came out sometime later had edited the cuss word Spike used but in the later DVD release it was included. And, I have all of the original TF cartoon series on the boxsets too, and even still have my original Devastator (Constructicons).

Yep, the 80's were some good times for me.
    I have the staff of power, now it's up to me to use it to its full potential to command my life and be successful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here, Here! I too liked the touch It works well for the time. I did see it in the theater too.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Xylob the Destroyer
    Yes, that awesome music is original to the movie.
    FIXED

Yes, it was there, though you might not have noticed it as a kid as it wasn't 'retro' at the time, but probably resolutely samey and boring...
    It's definitely there on our family's original VHS copy of the movie, though I think Spike was quite well censored in the PAL release. I don't think it loses anything for that. But it would lose heavily for the music being cut. It goes so well with the sheer ludicrousness of the whole thing that you can't help but be swept away with it.

Before anyone gets all serious: a cartoon made by a toy company, to sell it's imported and rebranded line of toys from some cheap japanese manufacturer. All serious arguments are moot. it's just a bit of fun. and wayyy over the top 80s hair rock is fun.

PS
    It's over, Prime....
    -beat-
    NEVER! *thock!*

The fight that proved Megatron was just a little bitch, really. And Optimus had to pimp slap him back into his place even if it killed them both.
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I saw it in the theater and again on TV and VHS. They edited it for VHS & TV, but I thought it was cool in the theater. So many parents started freaking out in the theater when Spike said it. The murmur was louder than Unicrom's resonating voice (voiced by the great Orsen Wells).
    Quote Quote